HearthCasual had a chance to speak with Mike Donais and Conor Kou about Battlegrounds on this week's podcast. Here's our recap of the important parts - you can listen to the full podcast if you wish down below.
- King Magurgle is a 6/3 Murloc (Tier 5). Battlecry & Deathrattle: Your Murlocs get +2/+2.
- Dragons will be added to Battlegrounds.
- Inviting 7 players into Battlegrounds is on the todo list.
- They are happy with Nightmare Amalgam since it makes the game more fun. They may make it weaker in January, possibly making it a 2/2.
- An autochess Tavern Brawl was being worked on starting in February 2019 by Conor Kou.
- In late March 2019, they decided to put together a team to make Battlegrounds.
- There was a lot of effort put into developing features that Hearthstone lacked - rearranging minions was a big one.
- They've been very happy with the community's reception with the mode.
- December 5 will be launch of the initial stats page. A month or two later will have more stats.
- They don't know what could happen with rewards or any other systems - only worried about gameplay right now.
- They were worried about adding a 5th tribe, but playtesting has been fun. More than that may require rotating an old one out.
- Bringing heroes closer to balance is a big goal of theirs and they will work towards it.
Listen to HearthCasual Episode 44
You can listen to this week's episode down below. Follow them on Twitter, @Hearthcasual, for updates.