March of the Lich King launches very soon on December 6, so start your Arena and/or Heroic Duels runs in time to reap some extra rewards on the house.
Quote From Blizzard
On December 6, when March of the Lich King launches, all current Arena runs will end and a new Arena season will begin. The eligible card sets will rotate so that the following sets will make up the Arena card pool:
- Curse of Naxxramus
- Mean Streets of Gadgetzan
- Knights of the Frozen Throne*
- The Witchwood
- United in Stormwind
- March of the Lich King
- Path of Arthas
Additionally, Death Knight will be added as a playable class in Arena. When playing as a Death Knight, Arena deckbuilding will dynamically update as you pick cards so that the Death Knight Rune system is followed.
* As a reminder, Knights of the Frozen Throne will be rotated back out of the Core Set with the launch of March of the Lich King.
Quote From Blizzard
- On December 6, the current Duels season will end, ratings will be reset, and ongoing runs will be concluded.
- On December 6, March of the Lich King and Path of Arthas will be added to deckbuilding and the two new Death Knight heroes will be added to the hero pool.
- Death Knight deckbuilding rules will apply to the initial Duels deckbuilding phase, just like the Hearthstone mode.
- You are not required to complete the Death Knight Prologue to unlock the Death Knight heroes in Duels. However, you won’t have the Death Knight Core Set available to you in deckbuilding if you haven’t unlocked the class. If you don’t have any Death Knight cards, you will only be able to use Neutral cards in your deckbuilding.
"Free" Tavern Ticket for Both Arena and Heroic Duels This Time Around
Tavern Tickets, we all know and love them. Occasionally found on the Rewards Track and also known as corresponding to the typical entrance fee of 150 gold (or some spare change) for both Arena and (Heroic) Duels.
As per usual, start an Arena/Duels run, leave it at X wins and a maximum of 2 losses and get rewards equal to the amount of wins you concluded the run with, plus a Tavern Ticket when your run gets retired with the rotation.
Don't forget that Arena/Duels entries might close up to few hours prior to the expansion launch, based on your server time. Don't leave it for last minute!
Are you excited to jump into a new rotation? What Death Knight Rune path are you going to take in Duels? Tell us in the comments below!
Did my "free" ticket for both of them; they went about as well as I normally do:
Can't wait for one to hand me, like, 35 gold, while the other doesn't match up, leaving me with that ugly 5 on the end :/
It's not worth it to stop at 0 losses if you're expected to reach level 100 on the reward track
What do you mean?
You could've tried to get more wins (until you hit 2 losses), which would've gotten you better rewards.
Assuming you'll get to rank 100+, you're not losing value by completing quests on the old rewards track over saving them to complete on the new RT. In something like 4 months, you'll be on rank 150+ and earning 50 gold for 1500XP anyways, so why avoid doing it on the old RT, while not maximizing your arena ticket potential, stopping at 0 losses instead of 2.
Ah, now I see what you are saying. I guess it depends on if she wanted to have a big boost at the start of the new rewards track, so thats why keeping the quest was more beneficial to her plan.