It's all been very busy over the weeks leading up to the premiere of the latest expansion, and in the days that followed since December 6. Which means we've got some catching up to do on the Hearthstone shop. While Battlegrounds and Mercenaries didn't really receive anything new during the March of the Lich King launch, the Constructed side of things was filled with a bunch of new deals. So let's have a good proper look and see what the in-game shop currently has to offer.
Hearthstone has a new currency that can be used to buy everything available in the in-game shop. If you want a reminder about their pricing, check out the table below.
You can find monetary conversions of the Runestones to selected currencies below:
As you may have noticed, the biggest bundles aren't actually the cheapest option to obtain Runestones. While the prices of USD/EUR bundles aren't radically different, in GBP you'd be losing a relatively high amount of money if you bought anything but the cheapest bundle. We've bolded the best deals in each currency in the table above for your convenience.
March of the Lich King Pre-Purchase Bundles
Should it be "post-launch purchase" now? Last chance saloon for March of the Lich King Pre-Orders: The Mega version (8000 Runestones/$79.99) and the Standard version (5000 Runestones/$49.99). These remain available for up to a week after the expansion launch - a notable change from how it's always been in the past. In other words, you have until Tuesday, December 13 (presumably by 10 AM PST) to still decide whether it's all worthwhile.
- The Mega version (8000 Runestones/$79.99) includes 80 packs, 5 signature golden packs, 2 random Signature Legendary cards from the new expansion, Lor'themar Hunter Hero skin and card back, and Path of Arthas Set.
- The Standard version (5000 Runestones/$49.99) includes 60 packs, 2 random Legendary cards from the new expansion, and Lor'themar card back.
- You can view all Signature cards here.
- We also shared more details about the entire Path of Arthas set.
Arthas Menethil Bundle
Arthas Menethil bundle with a 3D modeled Legendary Death Knight skin and 5 Class packs (2500 Runestones or $24.99) has been available for pre-purchase since November 8. This particular bundle was also meant to stick around for a longer while and remain available after the launch of the expansion. And so here we are.
Based on the initial Blizzard's blog post wording of "in Patch 24.6 and Patch 25.0", we previously assumed this might mean the entire month of December and then some. But apparently that's not the case:
Quote From DeckTechRight, the Patch Notes were to confirm you can wait until after expansion launches to get it if you want, but it’s definitely not the entire 25.0 patch.
Unfortunately that still doesn't tell us just how much time is left on this particular offer. It could be merely a few days, it could be yet another week plus. If you really don't want to miss your chance, consider acting sooner rather than later. Since the introduction of the Death Knight Prologue you can also test this particular skin for yourself, including all emotes, actions, and gameplay animations.
Death Knight is the first class to receive a Legendary Hero Skin - the Arthas Menethil Bundle contains a fully animated Arthas portrait, as well as 5 Death Knight class packs.
In case you're curious, a Legendary Hero Skin consists of:
- A fully 3D animated portrait that responds to in-game actions with special animations (such as attacking, playing minions, casting spells and emoting).
- A unique hero tray, more gilded than ever before.
- New voicelines.
If you want to see the new skin in action, consider watching the video below:
Tavern Pass Cosmetics
New expansion comes with a new Tavern Pass for the fresh March of the Lich King Rewards Track. The usual price of 2000 Runestones or $19.99 will get you three XP boosts, 3 Chromie Mercenary Portraits, Diamond Grand Magister Rommath as well as the other cosmetics listed below:
Path of Arthas Sets
With the launch of Death Knights, a new class card package similar to the Demon Hunter Initiate Set was also released. Except it's purchasable, just like all the expansion Mini-Sets of the past couple years. These cards can still be acquired as a part of the Mega Bundle Pre-order, be separately crafted, or bought as a whole through either normal or all-golden offer:
- Golden Set: 7000 Runestones or $69.99 (comes with Diamond Lady Deathwhisper).
- Regular Set: 2000 Gold or 1500 Runestones ($14.99).
- You can view all Path of Arthas cards here.
Pack & Diamond Card Bundles
There might not be any Hero Skin bundles available at the moment, but that does not mean there wouldn't be a ton of other cosmetics, alongside packs, up for grabs. For packs, we got two (or four) expansion-specific deals:
- Signature March of the Lich King Bundle (1 of 2), consisting of a random Signature Legendary Card and 10 Signature Golden March of the Lich King packs: $39.99 or 4000 Runestones.
- March of the Lich King Bundle (1 of 2), consisting of 2 random Legendaries, 10 March of the Lich King packs as well as 10 Standard packs: $19.99 or 2000 Runestones.
- We haven't seen the contents of Rank 2 offers ourselves, but the reports for the MotLK bundle indicate about double the price of Rank 1, with 25 expansion packs and 25 Standard packs, plus 2 random Legendaries. They also appear on the following server reset upon purchasing the previous bundle.
Additionally, we got several deals for some extra shiny cards, with 3 out of the current 5 Diamond options from the new expansion:
- Standalone Diamond Lady Deathwhisper, for 3000 Gold or 2500 Runestones ($24.99).
- Diamond Lor'themar Theron Bundle, with the title card and two Signature Golden March of the Lich King packs, for 2500 Runestones or $24.99.
- Diamond Deathbringer Saurfang Bundle, with the title card and two Signature Golden March of the Lich King packs, for $24.99.
If you're eager to see some hero skins though, the expansion patch did add a handful that we're likely to see in the near future.
Nothing new compared to last week. The special hero skin Greatfather Lich King is still available for the cost of 300 Runestones (~$2.99), due to it being a legendary skin with animated portrait, voice over, and visual effects.
Additionally, Bob has some personalized offers Just for You, ranging from old Bartenders for 500 Runestones ($4.99) to old Battlegrounds skins with 100 Runestones (~$0.99) each.
The paid Season Pass still remains as well, costing you 1500 Runestones or the equivalent amount of real money ($14.99). The next Battlegrounds Season is expected to arrive along with Patch 25.2, which might be somewhere in early January 2023.
The Legendary Portrait Bundle and New Merc Coin Purse from last week are still available. The former comes with two portraits for Legendary Mercenaries as well as 15 Mercenaries packs, while the latter consists of 3x 300 Coins for random new Mercenaries (released between Patches 24.4 and 25.0 - you can view them here). The portrait bundle comes with a price tag of 2000 Runestones ($19.99) while the coin bundle costs half of that, 1000 Runestones ($9.99).
Additionally, there are some partially personalized offers available for different random Mercenaries of Epic/Legendary quality, their portraits, or just standalone coins - which character shows up where seems to vary per player, while the contents of each bundle tend to be fairly similar. We have seen several variations, probably influenced by an individual's spending power and collection: ranging from 1000 Runestone ($9.99) Coin bundles to 3000 Runestone ($29.99) Mega pack bundles.
Are you planning on pre-ordering (or however we want to call it now) either of the expansion bundles with only so much time remaining? Anything else that catches your eye with Signature packs or shiny Diamond cards? Let us know in the comments below!
No Comments Yet. Be the first to create one down below!