New Warrior Spell - Heavy Plate

• Arthas's Avatar Black Lotus 860 2321 Posts Joined 03/10/2019 House Light is On
    Posted 3 months, 2 weeks ago

A new Common Warrior Spell, Heavy Plate, has been revealed!

Heavy Plate Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about United in Stormwind

Head on over to our dedicated guide for United in Stormwind!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

Your friendly neighbourhood bot!
    Like what I'm doing? Disable ads and unlock cosmetics with Out of Cards Premium!

• Brandon's Avatar Old God Fanatic 840 1225 Posts Joined 05/29/2019 House Light is On

Certainly playable. Nice armor gain, but if you compare it to Shield Block it kinda feels.. underwelming? considering you need to pay 1 mana to use it's tradable effect. Actually after looking at some other 3 cost armor gain cards, i noticed that Heavy Plate is basicly Ice Barrier that you can trade back into your deck. 

But still, i think Control warrior will still use it, because it's armor gain. Also the Silas Darkmoon OTK deck might enjoy it.

In wild... IT'S ODD COSTED. But i'm still not 100% sure if ODD Warrior will use it. It might help getting to the Silas Darkmoon OTK earlier. (For the ODD Warrior decks that run that combo.) I'm interested to see whether it makes the cut, but i'm guessing it doesn't because Shield Block is honestly superior in a lot of ways.

RNG is only fun as long as there is a 50/50 chance of getting something really good or trash level of bad. If RNG always results in something good, then it's not fun.

• Lundy's Avatar Protector of Elwynn 1105 499 Posts Joined 06/21/2019 House Light is On

This card is bad. 3 mana for 8 armor is a lot, and the only redeemable quality is that it can be used to cycle through your deck faster.

• UVE's Avatar 980 745 Posts Joined 05/29/2019 House Light is On

Fair card, warrior needs more amor gaining nowadays, so that card should see play for sure in control/combo lists. And, as other guys said, Silas Darkmoon lists will use it.

And I LOVE the art. :)

By The Holy Light!

• sinti's Avatar Global Moderator Barrens Sleuth 1850 2423 Posts Joined 10/20/2018 House Light is On
    Quote From Brandon

Certainly playable. Nice armor gain, but if you compare it to Shield Block it kinda feels.. underwelming? considering you need to pay 1 mana to use it's tradable effect. Actually after looking at some other 3 cost armor gain cards, i noticed that Heavy Plate is basicly Ice Barrier that you can trade back into your deck. 

But still, i think Control warrior will still use it, because it's armor gain. Also the Silas Darkmoon OTK deck might enjoy it.

In wild... IT'S ODD COSTED. But i'm still not 100% sure if ODD Warrior will use it. It might help getting to the Silas Darkmoon OTK earlier. (For the ODD Warrior decks that run that combo.) I'm interested to see whether it makes the cut, but i'm guessing it doesn't because Shield Block is honestly superior in a lot of ways.

You are forgetting that any Tradable card basically thins your deck, i mean if you have multiple, it can kinda backfire, but you can throw the other card back as well, being able to just draw a different card from your deck is a massive advantage imho. Depending on how many Tradable cards there will be available, this might be played just for the keyword in most games possibly. And for the armor whenever you actually need it.

Core Set 2021 - Year of the GryphonHearthstone Mercenaries
    ~ Have an idea? Found a bug? Let us know! ~
    ~ Join us on Discord ~

• Geno9999's Avatar Ice Rager 995 354 Posts Joined 11/10/2019 House Light is On

Tradable as a keyword should be thought of as Plan B, as top decking this wouldn't be the absolute worst unless you really needed something on curve. Otherwise, instant Ice Barrier without the need for your opponent to attack to proc. Pretty basic 29th/30th card in your control warrior deck.

• dapperdog's Avatar Dragon Scholar 1385 2919 Posts Joined 07/29/2019 House Light is On

8 health for 3 mana is just about standard for a healing card. But with the option to throw this back for another card is what really makes this card work. At least in control warrior anyway.

Its probably the weakest tradable card yet, but control warrior needs armor and this one provides. With the added option to just throw this back into the deck against other control decks for a card (and still not lose the fatigue war) is really icing on the cake.

• Synnr7's Avatar 755 480 Posts Joined 07/19/2019 House Light is On

Simple, shows off the new mechanic well. Not sure it will see play but has a higher chance thanks to Tradeable.

Casual Dragon Cardgame enthusiast. 

• FieselFitz's Avatar Prince Charming 805 1044 Posts Joined 05/29/2019 House Light is On

Ok i guess .... but nothing more. 

Challenge me ... when you're ready to duel a god!

• aposteljoe's Avatar COMMENT_COUNT_400_HS 860 443 Posts Joined 06/18/2019 House Light is On

We don't know the Warrior quest line now. If its requirement would be to gain armor this will be judged differently. But right now I don't see it fitting in a deck. 

(And on the other hand I think the Warrior QL will be related to the rush keyword.)

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Skeleton 1530 3238 Posts Joined 03/25/2019 House Light is On

If you think about it this is basically a gimped Shield Block. Control Warrior's biggest issue right now is the lack of actual armor gain to efficiently beat aggro decks (which it is way too weak against currently). Meanwhile, against a Control matchup you can just throw it back in the deck to find something better to spend your mana on.

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• SilverWolf's Avatar Tauren Chieftain Addict 860 793 Posts Joined 04/01/2019 House Light is Off

Very funny art. The card itself it's ok, I guess, not very useful on constructed.

In duels it's very different, it will be very useful for bomb warrior, at least it will grant 2 bombs if played on curve.

• allthehype's Avatar Crossroads Historian 535 675 Posts Joined 07/26/2019 House Light is On

Good for slower warrior deck. Gret flexibility if you need to fish for another card.

• KANSAS's Avatar Old God Fanatic 1735 2904 Posts Joined 03/25/2019 House Light is On

Compared to other healing/armor cards, it's pretty balanced. Ice Barrier but without the secret requirement, Holy Light but +1 cost because armor is better than healing, or Healing Touch only armor instead of healing. The main difference is that you can choose to cycle this instead of gaining the armor, making it much better than any of those cards. The nice thing about tradeable cards is that they don't have to always be good, they can be just OK and you still very playable. They are safe cards to put in your deck since they will never be dead draws.

If for no other reason, control warrior will play this just because they are lacking in armor gain.

Carrion, my wayward grub.

• Hydrafrog's Avatar Gul'dan 1480 2531 Posts Joined 05/28/2019 House Light is Off

Depending on the environment, this could see scattered play.  

• Pezman's Avatar Academy Adventurer 1715 1564 Posts Joined 06/03/2019 House Light is On

Definitely useable in OTK warrior, plus I like the Tradeable ability. 

• Tumbleweedovski's Avatar Protector of Elwynn 1150 483 Posts Joined 06/12/2019 House Light is On

Definitely looks underwhelming, but I have a feeling this card will soon make a lot more sense with more cards being announced. Some synergies with armor or the new tradeable mechanic can turn this card into a frequent sight on ladder.

Arena > Wild > Standard

• Elfensilver's Avatar 590 663 Posts Joined 03/14/2019 House Light is On

Too expensive for the cost, would trade it away all the time. 

• Caro's Avatar Draconic Rager 1460 1137 Posts Joined 03/12/2020 House Light is On

Support for control warrior, nice! This can be seen as a better Shield Block for 4 mana, coz it still draws you a card, but you only get the armor gain later

• ElSabidon's Avatar Salty Dog 735 602 Posts Joined 06/07/2019 House Light is On

Perfect example of how a "weak" card becomes good because Tradeable gives the card amazing flexibility.

Rating cards on coolness factor rather than predicting power because I like screwing up rating averages (and because I suck at predicting real power levels, but we'll ignore that LUL)
    Wins per class (31/8/21): DH-162; Druid-920Hunter-906; Mage-1003; Paladin-1067; Priest-688; Rogue-935; Shaman-996; Warlock-805; Warrior-789

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

Remove Ads - Go Premium