New Demon Hunter Weapon - Lion's Frenzy

• Arthas's Avatar Black Lotus 860 2321 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 1 month, 3 weeks ago

A new Epic Demon Hunter Weapon, Lion's Frenzy, has been revealed!

Lion's Frenzy Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about United in Stormwind

Head on over to our dedicated guide for United in Stormwind!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

Your friendly neighbourhood bot!
    Like what I'm doing? Disable ads and unlock cosmetics with Out of Cards Premium!

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Bloodfeather 1490 3203 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

This looks like the kind of thing that's absolutely broken in Duels but complete trash everywhere else. If it had 3 durability it might have been worth, but at 2 it's just a bit too weak for my taste.

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• Pezman's Avatar Academy Adventurer 1715 1559 Posts Joined 06/03/2019

I like that this can be really strong in the late game, but not too early. It won't be hard to get a decent attack value on this.

• Lundy's Avatar Protector of Elwynn 1105 497 Posts Joined 06/21/2019

This is kind of like Aldrachi Warblades in that you equip it for a future turn. It also telegraphs your plays a bit, as when you see a DH equip this, you know they are going to start to pop off over the next couple turns.

• Hydrafrog's Avatar Gul'dan 1480 2530 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

3 mana for a really solid kick in the face that fluctuates?  I'll take it.  You equip it in hopes of dropping a lot of draw the next turn But with the current meta and all the weapon hate rolling around...

• randomfan's Avatar Lion's Guard 945 568 Posts Joined 03/17/2019

This goes along nicely with the questline. It will probably be something you can plan for as an opponent since the  DH will most likely want to play it prior to hitting the big draw turn.

Unfortunately, common sense isn't as common as it should be.

• Sykomyke's Avatar Flamewreathed 580 663 Posts Joined 05/30/2019

Good for the quest possibly. Generally it'll only do 1-3 damage which makes it bad unless you're building self-mill DH.

• theo333's Avatar Outlandish Rager 770 574 Posts Joined 03/29/2019

Unless you Discover it, it will at least be a 1/2?

• Synnr7's Avatar 730 474 Posts Joined 07/19/2019

This will hit surprisingly hard at least once. Could be strong depending on how the new Anti-weapon viper does.

Casual Dragon Cardgame enthusiast. 

• DarkFrostX's Avatar Old God Fanatic 770 1202 Posts Joined 07/26/2019

Skull of Gul'dan Can give you a 4/2, but isn't better to just play Marrowslicer then?
    Can't see this in a good deck but if the new quest works that's a place for it.

• Geno9999's Avatar Ice Rager 980 354 Posts Joined 11/10/2019

A bit too weak with 2 durability, only sees play in Questline Demon Hunter... and I don't think that's going to work out that well either.

• dapperdog's Avatar Dragon Scholar 1375 2845 Posts Joined 07/29/2019

Its not entirely trash, mostly because it costs only 3. But the fact is that most of the time this will do nothing on 3, and will likely only have 4 attack at the best of times.

Unless there's major cycle like Plot Twist for warlock, this will only ever reach the lofty heights of 5-6 attack, and that's if you're willing to wait all the way to the end game with this stuck in your hand.

My take: Bad, but can certainly be better with support.

• UVE's Avatar 940 745 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 1 month, 2 weeks ago

Boring and bad card. Won't see play

By The Holy Light!

• Erodos's Avatar Crossroads Historian 740 848 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Bad card, DH has much better weapons. This would only be viable in Quest DH, and I don't see that being very promising in general.

• KANSAS's Avatar Old God Fanatic 1725 2896 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

If you draw two additional cards each turn it is a Fiery War Axe. If you draw three additional cards each turn then it is slightly better than Truesilver Champion. And if you draw four additional cards each turn you are going to go into fatigue way too fast and die.

Carrion, my wayward grub.

• KillaFIsh's Avatar 330 178 Posts Joined 07/10/2019

At best case scenario its gonne deal like 8-9 damage.  Not bad, but thats best case.  And it means that you cant attack with your hero (a big thing DH likes to do) if you can't draw that turn.  Just not good enough.  Maybe at 4 mana and three durability it would be better.

"Some inspirational quote from some famous person" - Some famous person

• GoddammitDontShootMe's Avatar Protector of Elwynn 1330 527 Posts Joined 06/03/2019

I can't wait to be smashed in the face for 6 damage with this.

• Brandon's Avatar Old God Fanatic 840 1217 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Hmm seems interesting but i dont like it. DH has a lot of card draw, and the questline wants you to draw cards. And it will always have 1 attack because of the card you draw at the start of your turn. HOWEVER Lion's Frenzy might be too unreliable because drawing a certain amount of cards might be too difficult, or you just dont get your draw. Sure Tradeable cards can help it a lot, but what do you rather want? a Lion's Frenzy that relies on card draw, or something like a Marrowslicer or Aldrachi Warblades which are a lot more reliable? Also if you want damage, just use the Illidari Inquisitor package, that deals more than plenty of damage.

It will be interesting to see whether or not it makes the cut, but i think it probably wont. Actually i'm pretty sure this is going to be a fairly overrated card.

Oh in wild it might actually see play, because in ODD DH it basicly has 3 attack at worst because of the upgraded hero power. 

RNG is only fun, as long as there is a 50/50 chance of getting something good or bad. If RNG always results in something good, it's not fun.

• Swizard's Avatar Wizard 840 411 Posts Joined 04/30/2020

I wonder if it's possible to otk.

• Lemushki's Avatar Squirtle 910 735 Posts Joined 03/22/2019

Cant see a real future for this one...

Lemushki - The one and only since 2006

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

Remove Ads - Go Premium