New Mage Minion - Malygos, Aspect of Magic

• Arthas's Avatar 185 459 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 1 month, 2 weeks ago

A new Legendary Mage Minion, Malygos, Aspect of Magic, has been revealed!

Malygos, Aspect of Magic Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Descent of Dragons

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Descent of Dragons!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

• Raktoner's Avatar 40 3 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

The example showed a fireball that did 8 damage, an arcane intellect that drew 4 cards, and a polymorph that costed 1.

I'd imagine it discovers upgraded versions of basic mage spells.

Seems pretty damn good. 

• KANSAS's Avatar Wall 695 1077 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

This is going to be great! 6 mana 2/8 if your holding a dragon Polymorph an enemy minion!

This is going to be a good card, mark my words.

• SLima's Avatar 150 90 Posts Joined 08/17/2019
    Posted 1 month, 1 week ago

It's great. Cheap Polymorph, Stronger Fireball or tons of card draw. Highly flexible card and flexible cards see lots of play (Siamat comes to mind).

• DoubleSummon's Avatar 455 637 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

what are the upgraded spells? are they only those 3 or is there a pool of cards?

• scuac's Avatar 215 63 Posts Joined 07/31/2019

Disappointed it is not Kalecgos

A puzzle box? What does it say? ... Yogi-Saffron something... sure, let's open it, what is the worst that could happen?

• CyberBandit's Avatar 70 20 Posts Joined 07/10/2019
    Quote From DoubleSummon

what are the upgraded spells? are they only those 3 or is there a pool of cards?

It's a pool of all the basic Mage spells.

• Thonson's Avatar 400 302 Posts Joined 03/24/2019
    Quote From DoubleSummon

In the "announcement trailer" the guy says Basic Mage spells.  Shows additional examples of an 8 damage Flamestrike (still 7 mana), and 1 mana Frost Nova.

• KnivesOut's Avatar 70 23 Posts Joined 06/25/2019

I don’t mean to be rude, but is anyone else disappointed with the legendary dragon card art? They aren’t necessarily bad, just not very epic

• AliRadicali's Avatar 400 632 Posts Joined 06/06/2019
    Quote From KnivesOut

I don’t mean to be rude, but is anyone else disappointed with the legendary dragon card art? They aren’t necessarily bad, just not very epic

I'm guessing the artists were somewhat limited because they were given instructions not to outshine Galakrond, but you're not wrong, most of the other legendary dragons don't look very grand or epic. Even Fate Weaver, a nameless dragon dude, has more majesty than the new Ysera, Nozdormu, Deathwing and Malygos. I don't mind Waxadred looking a bit silly, but they really done the old guard dirty in the art department here.

• SaucyPup's Avatar 125 54 Posts Joined 04/01/2019

They did Maly bad here, the card's fairly good however - mostly if the dragons are kind to Mage

• Almaniarra's Avatar Draconically Dedicated 410 698 Posts Joined 03/21/2019
    Quote From Raktoner

The example showed a fireball that did 8 damage, an arcane intellect that drew 4 cards, and a polymorph that costed 1.

I'd imagine it discovers upgraded versions of basic mage spells.

Seems pretty damn good. 

+ Flamestrike that deals 8 damage to all minions

1-cost Frost Nova

you can see them here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=368&v=sPrDhZq2BKM

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Swamp 525 898 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

I feel like the statline is a bit poopy. A 2/8 doesn't really trade into anything

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• Almaniarra's Avatar Draconically Dedicated 410 698 Posts Joined 03/21/2019
    Quote From YourPrivateNightmare

I feel like the statline is a bit poopy. A 2/8 doesn't really trade into anything

Yeah, I would like to see all aspects at earlier stats but they didn't want it seems.

Deathwing, Nozdormu and Ysera have same stats with Classic tho. Let's wait for Alexstrasza.

• Horus's Avatar E.V.I.L. Dragon 655 825 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Quote From KnivesOut

I see what you mean, and partially agree with you : the art isn't bad, but those dragons dont have the same timeless classic stand or feel as their original iteration. So maybe not as epic - like you said - however, I do like how the artwork is dynamic

“One day, you will be old enough to start reading fairytales again.”

• Demonxz95's Avatar Content Squad Honorary Explorer 430 426 Posts Joined 03/19/2019

So here are all of the upgraded spells.

No, that's wrong!

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Swamp 525 898 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Quote From Demonxz95

So here are all of the upgraded spells.

why is Explosion so bad? Every other one got at least +2 damage or -2 cost. Why couldn't the make it 3-damage....or at least 0-mana. Who at Blizzard just really hates Arcane Explosion?

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• Zwane's Avatar Wizard 245 339 Posts Joined 06/04/2019

Well its twice as good as the original...which is in accordance with the overall feel of the upgrades in my opinion. But I miss some spells like Pyroblast? Why isn't that on the list. I want my 20 dmg nuke!

I am not sure I like this card. Because its effect is random and the stat-line of the minion is a bit underwhelming. If you need one specific spell your odds are only 33%. So this is a card played for value more than anything else. At the 5-mana turn it has serious competition with Zilliax.

But I have to admit, when combined with say a Kalecgos in hand, this will make your next 10 mana turn very strong indeed. 

• Arturvf89's Avatar 130 92 Posts Joined 05/31/2019
    Quote From Zwane

Well its twice as good as the original...which is in accordance with the overall feel of the upgrades in my opinion. But I miss some spells like Pyroblast? Why isn't that on the list.

The list contains only basic spells, not all Classic ones.

• RandomGuy's Avatar 305 474 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Kind of like Kazakus and Zephyrs in that you're playing a card that creates a wide array of answers to your situation. Likely very good.

• KANSAS's Avatar Wall 695 1077 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Quote From Arturvf89
    Quote From Zwane

Well its twice as good as the original...which is in accordance with the overall feel of the upgrades in my opinion. But I miss some spells like Pyroblast? Why isn't that on the list.

The list contains only basic spells, not all Classic ones.

but Tome of Intellect is a common. 

I wonder why they would do all the basic mage spells, and then one random common one, it doesn't make much sense to me.

• RenanFolk's Avatar 145 142 Posts Joined 07/30/2019
    Posted 3 weeks, 3 days ago

since upgraded spells are always good, this is also

• RavenSunHS's Avatar Swamp 455 894 Posts Joined 03/27/2019

The card is comparable to Kazakus.

Yet i'm unsure it can fit Wild.

• ArcanisDF's Avatar Bronze Supporter 285 179 Posts Joined 08/01/2019

YESSSS not so good stats but those spells are sick!!!! 

• Joda's Avatar Magma Rager 240 143 Posts Joined 04/01/2019

I really like the flexibility of this card. And its cheap, has good stats. Pretty good.

Never netdeck, craft Whizbang instead!

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.