New Neutral Minion - Zul'Drak Ritualist

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Bloodfeather 1375 2609 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Posted 1 year, 4 months ago

Am I missing something here or is this just filler?

Like sure, Anti Rez tech and maybe Oaken Summons shenanigans, but that's about it.

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• Meteorite12's Avatar 665 696 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

I wouldn’t say it’s just filler, just rather situational. I’d personally think of filler as more yeti stuff.

If their board is full or you have a board clear it could be decent enough, don’t think there’s too many 1 drops that could screw you over (really only that poisonous one in wild)

Who needs consistency when you could have fun?

• 8Nikano's Avatar 155 144 Posts Joined 11/21/2019

That card is so bad... But if you get it from evolve... that's the only warm situation I can think about it now

• Leetlejuice's Avatar 115 17 Posts Joined 07/26/2019

This will be a disappointing pack rare :

• FuRenz's Avatar Vampire 335 142 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

I think this is one of the worse cards printed until now(this expansion). Maybe a tech card vs ressurect as pointed, but still, not worth it. In standard at least, doesn't seem any good. 

• MenacingBagel's Avatar 720 640 Posts Joined 09/24/2019

Solid card nice stats but I feel like this is going to get worse as the revels go. Still, anti big priest is always nice but fuel for token and aggro isn't as much so. 

Only a fool thinks they know everything. I admit that I know nothing

• johnyDI's Avatar Island 205 172 Posts Joined 03/31/2019
    Quote From UnGoroh

What a well designed anti rez priest card! The days of big priest were kinda over and cards like this solidify it. 

Every expansion a new "anti big priest tech card" is printed, people praise it to the heavens, and finally 1-2 weaks later we all realize that playing 1 card that is terrrible vs all other classes is not worth it, so we leave the fancy new tech card in the dust.

This will be the same, but worse, since our evolve/bloodlust/savage roar/knifejugler/wathever oponents will love the free minions.

• sicknantos's Avatar Rexxar 460 231 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

Rez priest thanks you for the turn 4 Psychopomp activator

Rage quitting: the best way to ensure your opponent knows they beat a giant baby.

• KANSAS's Avatar Old God Fanatic 1715 2711 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

I calculated the average attack value of a 1-cost minions in standard and I got 1.06060606061 (we'll just say 1.06 for simplicity sake).

This means that most of the time this will end up being a 4 mana 3/6 or 3/5 taunt. If most of the time this minion will end up with a very similar stat/cost distributions as Sen'jin Shieldmasta then why not just play Sen'jin Shieldmasta? It is just not worth the risk of letting your opponent get 3 extra bodies on the field. 

The only way this card can ever be good is if your opponent already has a full board (in which case you wouldn't want a slightly beefy taunt, but rather a board clear) or if you really need a good way to counter big priest (which you don't right now, and even if you did a better idea would be to play cards like Hex, Devolve, and Plague of Murlocs).

All in all I just don't think this card will ever be worth it. There is just far too much risk involved, maybe once every twenty times you play this you will roll Swamp Dragon Egg, Blood Imp, and Spirit of the Raptor but there is just no way whatsoever that this card will be played in any sort of competitive deck (or a non-competitive deck for that matter).

Carrion, my wayward grub.

• Wendeee's Avatar HearthStationeer 490 248 Posts Joined 03/29/2019

Can we change this to summon 1drop and 2drop, so it can summon Doomsayer?:)

Only worth running as a big priest obliterator, or via Oaken Summons

I do what I must, when I must. Know this well.

• Horus's Avatar Mankrik's Wife 2020 2141 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

I'm not a big fan of summoning stuff for my opponent, but 3 1-Drops have the potential to clog up a board and mess with the rez pool as well, so it isn't completely terrible, or at least not all everything about this card is bad.

Struggle with Heroic Galakrond's Awakening? I got your back : 

• TheOdinson's Avatar 505 153 Posts Joined 06/04/2019

This being some sort of anti-rez tech or MC Tech combo card is a joke. Cards like this are rarely good unless its very fringe, and this one isn't winning any awards. Random 1 drops might generally be bad, but there will also be cases where this feels your opponent some awesome stuff. Yes, there are the 1 cost Spirits that have 0 attack and likely won't be good for your opponent at all, there are a bunch of middling things, but there are some pretty highroll things and you can easily blow yourself out against a lot of decks. Its true this makes Evolve better, but I don't think that card will still be around once this set comes out.

To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of the women.

• shaveyou's Avatar 340 194 Posts Joined 06/08/2019

The only way this sees constructed play is if decks that rely on certain rez effects become dominant. Apart from the obvious priest, this has (albeit) limited potential to disrupt/limit N'Zoth, Gul'dan, Witching Hour, Kangor's Endless Army etc.

I can't imagine this happening, and there's more reliable techs against most single cards, but it's worth noting.

• UnGoroh's Avatar 130 49 Posts Joined 07/26/2019

Evolve will rotate out early December

• UnGoroh's Avatar 130 49 Posts Joined 07/26/2019

No you miss the point. It's not that the card is good but the fact that it's there is good. It keeps rez priest in check. You don't need to actually play the card to let it have impact. Whenever Rez priest could becomes a problem, it won't. And that archetype is not fun to play against so it's nice it exists.

Also: evolve will be out when this comes avaliable in standard and in Wild evolve isn't over powered.

• Hedwyn's Avatar Draconically Dedicated 320 161 Posts Joined 07/05/2019

I think its a good tech card against ressurrect .. but I don't know, the 1 drops can be really annoying and really help the opponent ..

I'm sorry for my bad english :)

• troY's Avatar Funnel Cakes 245 271 Posts Joined 11/21/2019

This card isn't that bad, it can always be combo'd with an AoE, or your board with Acolyte of Pain or such. And 9 health Taunt is hard to push through when played early.

• snowcannon11's Avatar 175 27 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Could see play in Gonk Druid, but other than that, it’s too risky to put out.  Like others said, Combo priest would benefit from this card.  I’m curious to see if Taunt Warrior can utilize this somehow as well.

2 stars.

• linkblade91's Avatar Global Moderator Lissandra 1300 1258 Posts Joined 02/09/2019

Hell Yeah, a great card for Oaken Summons.

...other than that, it's a pack filler lol.

If you have the time, you should totally check out our weekly Hearthstone card design competitions! :D

• mayhern's Avatar Wizard 335 284 Posts Joined 07/26/2019

I think it is just great! Taunt warrior will be a thing again?

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

Remove Ads - Go Premium