New Warlock Minion - Zzeraku the Warped

• Arthas's Avatar 185 459 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 2 weeks, 2 days ago

A new Legendary Warlock Minion, Zzeraku the Warped, has been revealed!

Zzeraku the Warped Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Descent of Dragons

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Descent of Dragons!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

• CursedParrot's Avatar 125 65 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

10 mana for a 4/12 with soft taunt and a 6/6 is pretty good, too bad neither of them is a taunt

• Kerm's Avatar 75 13 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

10/18 with a heropower at 10 mana ??? Wow

• BlueBunny's Avatar 60 9 Posts Joined 10/28/2019

Unliscened apothecary

• JackJimson's Avatar Uther 100 33 Posts Joined 11/19/2019

Pretty slow but very snow-bally if left unchecked.

• Duke's Avatar 90 38 Posts Joined 05/31/2019

Epic? It's clearly a legendary 

• MurlocAggroB's Avatar 245 123 Posts Joined 06/12/2019

Fill your board with 6/6 dragons at the low, low cost of 25 health!

EDIT: Why is the reply function on this forum so terrible? It should have a marker in the corner to show who you're replying to or something.

A man is lying on the street, some punks chopped off his head

I'm the only one who stops to see if he's dead.

Hmm. Turns out he's dead.

• TheOdinson's Avatar 140 144 Posts Joined 06/04/2019

The only thing holding this back is that its an 8 cost minion. Its super powerful and takes the game over really fast, but its not doing that before the late game. This does give warlock that extra umph in the late game, having a single threat against other control decks that wins the game by itself, plus it has a relevant minion type meaning it could show up in all kinds of decks. 

To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of the women.

• JackJimson's Avatar Uther 100 33 Posts Joined 11/19/2019

I just noticed it doesn't have the "on your turn" text like the Floating Watcher.

So this spawns minions on your opponents turn.

Assuming you survive to turn 8, might be relevant against flooding decks. The minion acts as a soft taunt since tokens won't be able to hit face unless they want to fill the board with 6/6 minions.

• Horus's Avatar E.V.I.L. Dragon 655 825 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

There is surely ways to abuse this.
    I think it is pretty pretty good.

Also, I understand and accept the Fluffy place holder name, but this isn't ''A new Epic Warlock Minion''
    thanks for adjusting :)

“One day, you will be old enough to start reading fairytales again.”

• DoubleSummon's Avatar 455 638 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

Well it does what most late game dragons do, it's bad vs aggro but good vs midrange/control, it's purpose vs aggro is to be holding a dragon, it's a threat that is essentially taunt unless your opponent got lethal since they won't want to attack you since you will then get a lot of value. 

I am unsure about this card, depends on how good dragon warlock/hand lock is. 

• Sol's Avatar 120 72 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Control Dragon Warlock! The opponent has no choice but to clear this if they don't want a board filled with high-statted minions.

Well it's over

• Farfelee's Avatar Draconically Dedicated 355 189 Posts Joined 11/21/2019

Playing this card with your hero power is a nice turn 10 play that puts a lot of stats on the board. This is also a late game dragon that can help make a dragon Warlock deck with Nether Breath and Crazed Netherwing. I like this card since it has a pseudo taunt effect. Unless your opponent has lethal, they can't really afford to simply go face while this card is around since it will fill your board with a bunch of 6/6 dragons.

More dragons? Yes please!

• Alfi's Avatar E.V.I.L. Dragon 315 201 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Prime target for removal

-=alfi=-

• kaiserkarl's Avatar Plains 245 121 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

So it does noyhing the turn it enters play. The tokens won't save you when they hit your face. This card needs some help to be somewhat good. There is this 3/5 warlock vulture with the same mechanic that I saw in play for only one week before disappearing. Unless they release some real self damaging support, it's bad imho, like Ysera bad. Even if Ysera is actually good. I love you Ysera.

Elders Scrolls : Legends / Runeterra

• RavenSunHS's Avatar Swamp 455 894 Posts Joined 03/27/2019

Midrange Dragon Warlock stuff.

It fits Even, but not good enough for Wild.

Art is nice but not legendary enough for a Dragon Aspect (Netherwing).

• UnGoroh's Avatar 100 52 Posts Joined 07/26/2019

That's a lot of stats very fast. Can snowball out of control

• Tetsuo's Avatar 225 152 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Good lord, the power levels for this expansion are insane. 4/12 minions usually cost 9 mana, so having this at 8 means you can drop this and hero power on turn 10 for a massive play. Great card for slower Warlock decks. 

• allthehype's Avatar Thrall 130 143 Posts Joined 07/26/2019

I really like the art for Warlock dragons! 

This card is strong but I don't think it's OP. You probably wait to drop it until you can combo it with hero power (no, Galakrond, the Wretched, not yours) or some self-damaging card as it doesn't affect the board. But if it sticks, your opponent will have a really hard time...

• Joda's Avatar Magma Rager 240 143 Posts Joined 04/01/2019

Good, but i dont think it will be competitive good. The 6/6 summons are strong, but the card itself looks too slow.

Never netdeck, craft Whizbang instead!

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Swamp 525 898 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Quote From BlueBunny

Unliscened apothecary

yes,

Battlecry: Fill your board with 6/6 Dragons, then kill yourself

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Swamp 525 898 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

Is it just me or are the legendary dragons a bit underwhelming so far? At least compared to the rest of the expansion.

This is pretty much just Ysera for Warlock...and Ysera hasn't seen play in years.

You can't run it in Questlock because you need the hero power to activate. We still don't have enough healing to really get value out of this without dying.

I mean, this is basically just worse Jaraxxus

It doesn't work against control because they'll just remove it. It doesn't work against aggro because they'll just ignore it and kill you. It doesn't work against combo because it's too slow.

I still believe in Dragon Warlock, but there's no way I'M putting that thing in

well, reading comprehension is king and I am not. Apparently he summons EVERY time you take damage, meaning that against any opponent that relies on actively murdering you, this is basically a soft taunt/pseudo removal. If they can't kill you in one turn they can't attack your face or else they'll give you lethal for next turn, so they need to trade, which means you basically just cleared the board (or at least preserved your health total)

It's the ultimate checkmate card and I love it. It doesn't even need a build around. Just drop it into your Control Warlock deck of choice and it's a free win against any tempo deck that hasn't killled you by the time this drops.

Thanks to Dragon Breeder you can multiply it in case it gets hard removal'd.

Dragon Warlock might actually be coming together.

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• Koetti's Avatar Island 365 246 Posts Joined 11/21/2019

Is Warlock gonna have enough HP at turn 8/10 to play around with? Especially when you don't get Taunt?

This card seems pretty strong, but Warlock needs more Heal to make this work.

Edit: On the plus side - it also triggers on your opponents turn, so when they are playing aggressive Decks, they have to get rid of this Guy first. 

Long, drawn-out Control Match-ups with Boardclears en masse and an unbelievable amount of greedy cards?

Sign me up!

• vprr's Avatar Goblin 295 207 Posts Joined 03/31/2019

Well we know how good Diseased Vulture is, the effect is strong but is it possible to fully utilise on a minion which costs twice as much at 8 mana?

Hard to really tell honestly, it will be a must remove minion when played due to how easily it can snowball out of control. This should see some amount of play, but my gut feeling is that it will be too slow.

EDIT: Just had to double-take, if the card text is correct then this activates any time you take damage, including on your opponent's turn? Well that just seems kinda broken then, it can basically prevent your opponent from hitting face unless they have lethal.

• PipoHs's Avatar Vampire 115 141 Posts Joined 11/22/2019

4/12 stats always is hard to remove, interesting effect, it will see play i guess

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.