New Shaman Minion - Nithogg

• Arthas's Avatar 185 459 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 1 week, 3 days ago

A new Legendary Shaman Minion, Nithogg, has been revealed!

Nithogg Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Descent of Dragons

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Descent of Dragons!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

• vprr's Avatar Uther 290 207 Posts Joined 03/31/2019

Unfortunately the reveal video doesn't show if the eggs are deathrattle, my guess is they are not in which case this card isn't extremely powerful if the eggs can be traded off by your opponent.

Obviously the battlecry could be quite nice with Shudderwock, and the eggs are effectively 0/3 taunts because you definitely do not want them to hatch. 

Could see play but if there is counter-play to the eggs hatching, then this card doesn't seem to be that powerful.

• barnabsx's Avatar Bulbasaur 205 43 Posts Joined 06/04/2019

worst case 6 mana heal for 6 with a 5/5 or  best 13/13 stats its pretty cool card, me like it!

• Marega's Avatar 230 232 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

The video shows a thunder bolt below the eggs. Its start of turn effect. Theres no skull of deathrattle

• frosthearth's Avatar 275 257 Posts Joined 03/18/2019

Am I missing something or is this just a bad card? The card doesn't have an immediate effect for 6 mana, the eggs are easily clearable and even if they remain on board you still can't go face with them the next turn. Also this doesn't really synergize with anything yet so I don't see why anyone would play this.

• Koetti's Avatar Island 340 231 Posts Joined 11/21/2019

Dissapointing if you ask me. Two 0-3s on turn 6 are usually easy to clear, also (Quest-)Shaman can do more for less, even after Evolve rotates back.

Long, drawn-out Control Match-ups with Boardclears en masse and an unbelievable amount of greedy cards?

Sign me up!

• ArcanisDF's Avatar Dragon 280 177 Posts Joined 08/01/2019

i dont know... maybe a bad card if eggs don't have deathrattle or an ok card if they have...

• Emptyness's Avatar Derpcorn 220 106 Posts Joined 03/16/2019

Shaman want big boards. This card gives them that. So it's a nice one I think. Time to let go of those pesky murlocs and embrace the true power of the force, I mean dragons.

• anchorm4n's Avatar HearthStationeer 295 254 Posts Joined 03/13/2019

I call trash legendary. Would hate to get this from my packs.

Double the pride, double the fall.

• PipoHs's Avatar 115 140 Posts Joined 11/22/2019

i love it, lot of potential for sure

• Sol's Avatar 110 68 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

The Rush minions for Shaman are quite good cards, but I can't say the same for this yet. This card as a whole looks pretty slow, but it either gives: a) a wide board if all the minions survive, b) board refill if only the eggs survive or c)removal via the hatched rush minions. The one-turn delay of the hatching really dampens the power level of this card

Well it's over

• Meenz's Avatar 150 73 Posts Joined 06/17/2019

Seems like 6 mana do nothing... But it's a dragon I guess. Doesn't feel like it will make dragon Shaman a thing, and Shudder has better battlecries to use 

• Drageren's Avatar 220 122 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

Looking bad for me, but can be good in new aggro sham. Board builder. Maybe midrange sham will use it, but looks like worst class legendary dragon so far.

• UVE's Avatar Uther 230 95 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Trash card.

0/3 eggs will not survive unless shaman gets some kinda of Frost Nova.

By The Holy Light!

• Skorpionex's Avatar 120 61 Posts Joined 06/12/2019
    Quote From Sol

The Rush minions for Shaman are quite good cards, but I can't say the same for this yet. This card as a whole looks pretty slow, but it either gives: a) a wide board if all the minions survive, b) board refill if only the eggs survive or c)removal via the hatched rush minions. The one-turn delay of the hatching really dampens the power level of this card

d) nothing if nothing survive

At this point Explodinator has more value. It's cheaper, has magnetic synergy, bombs can be bloodlusted next turn and in worst case deal 4 face damage.

• Joda's Avatar Magma Rager 240 143 Posts Joined 04/01/2019

Interesting card. If the opponent cant clear the whole board, they have to decide to remove the eggs OR the 5/5 dragon. Maybe the eggs can function as soft taunts to protect smaller things?

Never netdeck, craft Whizbang instead!

• RubinoCE's Avatar 115 40 Posts Joined 06/03/2019

This Battlecry stuff for Shaman is now getting out of hand.  With CTW this will summon 4 eggs. Not going to bother with Shudder because he will be gone in April. 

• ssaabbuu's Avatar 125 146 Posts Joined 08/01/2019

It is a soft taunt for control shaman. It is a well balanced card that brings some nice value to the player.

• meisterz39's Avatar Anduin 275 202 Posts Joined 06/03/2019

Shaman decks like to go wide on the board, but this is super low impact on 6, and the payoff can be destroyed by your opponent without mic work. Maybe there’s a Dragon Shaman deck that wants this, but it’s a bit clumsy.

• bro's Avatar 80 42 Posts Joined 10/20/2019

this is pretty trash, compared to the other dragons. idk maybe it's good enough to run if dragon shaman ever takes off?

• allthehype's Avatar Thrall 130 143 Posts Joined 07/26/2019

That is a lot of stats. A little slow but the eggs will work as soft taunts if nothing else. Better in Arena where board clears are more uncommon?

• dembro's Avatar Uther 110 88 Posts Joined 03/31/2019

Not a Deathrattle, so not good. If you have mega taunts and your opponent doesn't have any spell removal, maybe. Shaman seems to be getting slow Control tools, a slow-but-potentially-high-value Legendary (Bandersmosh), and good removal in DoD. Maybe it can play a slow enough game that this card can contribute to that Control/removal strategy. 

• Juan73908's Avatar Magma Rager 240 156 Posts Joined 11/28/2019

Not sure what deck should include this card. Seems a bit underwhelming effect, but it may fit in some tempo decks

• eazy's Avatar Bulbasaur 105 37 Posts Joined 06/04/2019

In my opinion this is just bad. Eggs without deathrattle effect may be traded for free, and if your opponent does not have enough minions on board to deal with them then: 

a) if they are aggro/midrange/tempo -> you probably already won, no need to play this 

b) if they are control -> they probably don't care too much/have tools to deal with it even after hatching 

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Swamp 520 860 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

It's a weird case.

It's less bad than it looks, but it's still kind of pointless.

If you play this on an empty board (or a board you just traded into) you're most likely going to get some serious value out of it. 13/13 worth of stats for onlny 6-mana is pretty good and since they have rush you're not really wasting a turn (unless you're playing aggressively)

On the other hand, you can never just play this onto a board where your opponent can just trade into the eggs. At best it'll let you avoid some face damage or cause unfavorable trades for your opponent.

It's not as bad as Warlock or Druid's legendary dragon, but it just doesn't really seem like something you'd actively put into your deck....which is where Draconic Lackey comes in. It might not be a good card, but it's a decent thing to just drop on curve in a Quest Shaman deck if you have nothing better. Quest Shaman is a deck that has decent recovery and can afford a turn of bad tempo for a bigger swing later on.

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.