New Paladin Minion - Lightforged Zealot

Descent of Dragons
  • Arthas's Avatar Black Lotus 1175 4555 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 2 years, 8 months ago

A new Rare Paladin Minion, Lightforged Zealot, has been revealed!

Lightforged Zealot Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Descent of Dragons

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Descent of Dragons!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

Your friendly neighbourhood bot!
    Like what I'm doing? Disable ads and unlock cosmetics with Out of Cards Premium!

• MisterFerro's Avatar Charmander 395 129 Posts Joined 09/06/2019

Now this is imo better than the epic card that gives 5 rando cards. I don't know if no neutral Paladin will work in this new expansion but hopefully in the future.

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Skeleton 1925 4197 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

same as the other one. This is not a realistic way to build your deck and the payoff isn't enough. Not to mention that a 4/2 on turn 4 isn't exactly resilient and won't net you much tempo

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• ArcanisDF's Avatar 660 214 Posts Joined 08/01/2019

i don't understand this concept of not neutrals in deck... hope it's not a new  blizzard class identity...

• vprr's Avatar Face Collector 535 209 Posts Joined 03/31/2019

I really love the design of this card alongside Lightforged Crusader, quite excited to see how this plays out.

Don't think Paladin is the class to make no neutral decks work, they lack too many tools. But the design is something I really hope they explore more further down the line. Very cool idea, and it will definitely be fun to try and make the no neutral deck work.

• Koetti's Avatar Content Squad 1090 863 Posts Joined 11/21/2019

Pure Pally seems weak, but also quite interesting! 

• Valord's Avatar 465 281 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

I don't think its as powerful as the other one, but if you are making that deck this is basically a must have too.

• KANSAS's Avatar Old God Fanatic 1745 2912 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

An incredible tempo play. Truesilver Champion is already a 4 cost card, and it sees some play, getting a free 4/2 is pretty good value if you ask me. And this also allows you to get 4 copies of truesilver in your deck, which is a lot of face damage.

Carrion, my wayward grub.

• padoru's Avatar Explorer of Outland 180 154 Posts Joined 12/02/2019

good value but i dont think this and the other one can carry a whole new archetype

• b4timert's Avatar 165 151 Posts Joined 11/05/2019

The other one im unsure about but this one is good enough to play. Now only question is if you can make a good deck without any neutrals.

• meisterz39's Avatar 925 1200 Posts Joined 06/03/2019

In a Pure Paladin deck, you'd always run this over Truesilver Champion, but this effect is not powerful enough to convince me to build Pure Paladin. Whether or not that's a strong archetype rests entirely on Lightforged Crusader

• Farfelee's Avatar Draconically Dedicated 400 151 Posts Joined 11/21/2019

Not as exciting as Lightforged Crusader, but the effect is still nice.

More dragons? Yes please!

• Meteorite12's Avatar 670 696 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

I could maybe see this being used in a deck with only a few neutrals, waiting to draw them before playing this. Still seems too restricting though, even if the weapon is pretty nice

Who needs consistency when you could have fun?

• MenacingBagel's Avatar 815 711 Posts Joined 09/24/2019

much better than the other one since it gives a weapon and has nice stats but I feel like it ultimately won't do much since neutrals are so important. I just don't think this will be that great of a card

Self proclaimed good at battlegrounds

• linkblade91's Avatar Global Moderator Lissandra 1610 2012 Posts Joined 02/09/2019

Still too much work for the payoff. Worse than the other card because you want to play this early, whereas I see Lightforged Crusader as a value-engine in long games. With Lightforged Zealot you're going to have to play by the (harsh) rules.

If you have the time, you should totally check out our weekly Hearthstone card design competitions! :D

• ArngrimUndying's Avatar Draconically Dedicated 510 626 Posts Joined 06/11/2019

This card + Lightforged Crusader are definitely a package deal - if you're doing it, you're going all-in. I can see Paladin being one of the classes that could reasonably win with just class cards, so I won't count it out just yet.

• TheOdinson's Avatar 515 153 Posts Joined 06/04/2019

The upside on these 2 cards is outstanding. Is it worth building around? That is still to be seen. Hopefully, because that will be a lot of fun.

To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of the women.

• troY's Avatar Funnel Cakes 250 271 Posts Joined 11/21/2019

Such an interesting archetype. I like the flavour though, and am looking forward to decks that might come from this.

• Hedwyn's Avatar Draconically Dedicated 320 161 Posts Joined 07/05/2019

A deck that not use neutral cards? haha good one blizzard, don't will see play. (but if pure pally works this is a 4/5)

I'm sorry for my bad english :)

• Almaniarra's Avatar Devoted Outlander 880 1345 Posts Joined 03/21/2019
    Quote From vprr

I really love the design of this card alongside Lightforged Crusader, quite excited to see how this plays out.

Don't think Paladin is the class to make no neutral decks work, they lack too many tools. But the design is something I really hope they explore more further down the line. Very cool idea, and it will definitely be fun to try and make the no neutral deck work.

It is so promising in wild tho.

There are tons of options there and I feel like this starts something.

We have new deckbuilding option + new mechanic that fits so well the class thematically. I really liked the mechanic so much.

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.