Remove Ads - Go Premium

New Druid Spell - Nature Studies

• Arthas's Avatar Black Lotus 460 1100 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 3 months, 2 weeks ago

A new Common Druid Spell, Nature Studies, has been revealed!

Nature Studies Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Scholomance Academy

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Scholomance Academy!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

Your friendly neighbourhood bot!
    Like what I'm doing? Disable ads and unlock cosmetics with Out of Cards Premium!

• Brandon's Avatar Devoted Outlander 385 414 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Amazing card, Druids already likes playing spells because of Glowfly Swarm. A similar card to this is Haunting Visions, and it gets used a lot in Shaman, but Nature Studies is cheaper. also Nature Studies says YOUR NEXT SPELL. This means it carries over to your next turn! Very solid card that most likely will get used in most druid decks.

• economicaooc's Avatar 285 360 Posts Joined 03/04/2020

A very valid card for spell druid because of Kael'thas, but spell druid is not great at time of writing. If this expansion proceeds to make spell druid the best deck ever, please tar-and-feather me.

Has an interesting interaction with thaurissan, but reducing the cost of biology project is probably better.

I would lean on this not seeing play, just because druid isn't a class that really benefits from this kind of card generation.

This post is discussing the wild format.

The down-vote is an 'I disagree' button, not an insult.

• JFK's Avatar 560 442 Posts Joined 07/31/2019
  • MenacingBagel's Avatar Buried Alive 430 427 Posts Joined 09/24/2019

I think it's neat since you can trigger all your spellburst effects with just one. It can also discover its self probably so that's something?

Only a fool thinks they know everything. I admit that I know nothing

• RavenSunHS's Avatar Refreshment Vendor 720 1435 Posts Joined 03/27/2019

I love concept and art, but without dedicated support, this card can hardly find room in a deck.

• GoliathTheDwarf's Avatar Content Squad Devoted Academic 515 535 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

I love cards like these. The thrill of RNG, compensated by a cost reduction to make that expensive card you got stuck with far more playable. 

Official Lorekeeper and Spinner of Tavern Tales
    Check out the latest lore guide -- Undeath and Necromancy, The Story of the Scourge and Forsaken: Traversing Azeroth

• Emptyness's Avatar Supporter 470 525 Posts Joined 03/16/2019

Discover is probably the coolest mechanic in the game and I can see this card being used, not only for it, but as a discount as well.

“If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas.” ― George Bernard Shaw

EU Legend: S52 (ZooHeal Lock); S76 (Highlander Hunter);

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Swamp 995 2126 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

I mean...is 0-mana discover a spell that good at the end of the day? I mean...yeah it is, but is it good enough to use a card slot on?

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• KANSAS's Avatar 1150 2252 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

The effect is nice, but I don't see why you would intentionally run this card in your deck instead of a better, more consistent card.

• Demonxz95's Avatar Content Squad 1000 1186 Posts Joined 03/19/2019

Decent potential. It's effectively 0 mana to get a spell since the cost reduction will cancel out the 1 mana cost of this spell. You don't even need to use the reduction on the card you Discovered, or play the spell on the turn you play this.

Could be good for Kael'thas Druids since it easily makes up for 2 of them 3 spells needed.

• theo333's Avatar 440 369 Posts Joined 03/29/2019

Very good for all the Spell Druid plays. Every 1-cost Druid spell and Treant decks are given an extra boost.

• FenrirWulf's Avatar Duskrider 235 87 Posts Joined 06/12/2019

This card could be seen in future Ramp Druid decks. It has a solid curve if you play this on turn 1 and then turn 2 Wild Growth. It will be like Wild Growth never got changed at all! Overall, I think this card will fit in the Spell Druid decks with being able to discover other strong cards such as Overgrowth and Savage Roar.

• BloodMefist's Avatar Design Champion 345 326 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

Given that Spell Druid is a solid deck right now and only seems to be getting more support, I think this card will definitely see play.  An effective 0-mana discover effect is very good, especially when you consider this next to Raven Idol, which also saw good amounts of play almost exclusively for its discover spell effect.

• ElSabidon's Avatar 320 260 Posts Joined 06/07/2019

I can see this card being played mostly for the discount effect, since it doesn't seem like a 1 turn only thing. Slapping this on 3 can get you Glowfly Swarm one turn earlier, for example, while maintaining hand and spell size and possibly generating a resource fitting to your match-up.

Is that game breaking? I don't think so, but the board swings coming one turn earlier can definitely catch people off guard.

Rating cards on coolness factor rather than predicting power because I like screwing up rating averages (and because I suck at predicting real power levels, but we'll ignore that LUL)
    Golden portraits' progress (this will be easier to update after the new profile page goes live in-game):
    (19/Apr/20) Demon Hunter - 1; Druid - 548; Hunter - 589; Mage - 401; Paladin - 518; Priest - 338; Rogue - 337; Shaman - 557; Warlock - 480; Warrior - 483

• Hydrafrog's Avatar Gul'dan 670 932 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

This is kind of a great deal for Wild as it will allow Kael'thas to trigger easily. 

• Me0203's Avatar Funnel Cakes 375 170 Posts Joined 06/13/2019

This seems innocuous until you realize that Druid has a plethora of tricks that can turn that temporary discount into a permanent mana crystal. Wild Growth on turn 2, Overflow on turn 3, Nourish on turn 5... The only card which doesn't work on curve is Breath of Dreams. So, as has already been said, Ramp Druid loves this card. 

Spell Druid and Token Druid players can slobber over this, too. BEEEES!!! (for anybody wondering, I've now had to figure out that there are four E's in that spell) can be played on turn 2, Glowfly Swarm on turn 4, and The Forest's Aid on turn 7. Not to mention, y'know, it preserves your hand size, discovers a spell, only costs 1 mana, and can discover itself. Exotic Mountseller's going back to college.

Make no mistake about it, while this looks small, it'll be incredibly impactful.

Better call Thrall!

• Hydrafrog's Avatar Gul'dan 670 932 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

Just another piece of fodder for Kael'thas and making spell druid more prominent.  I'm looking forward to seeing what else this will synergize with when more are disclosed. 

• Synnr7's Avatar Face Collector 340 62 Posts Joined 07/19/2019

I like the idea of the "studies" cycle. Simple discover spells work well with Auctioneer or any other spell matters cards. Cost reduction nice too so you can more reliably play the card you pull.

Casual Dragon Cardgame enthusiast. 

• Thonson's Avatar Devoted Academic 755 871 Posts Joined 03/24/2019

Hey there, Primordial Glyph!  What are you up to these days?  I see you and Haunting Visions had a baby!  How cute.

It's a combo of these two cards because the discount is not just this turn, but it's on the next spell you cast, not just on the discovered card.  And all three can discover themselves and immediately recast for free to try again.

I never lose, I just win at having fun.

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

Remove Ads - Go Premium