Remove Ads - Go Premium

New Warlock Minion - Archwitch Willow

• Arthas's Avatar Black Lotus 460 1100 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

A new Legendary Warlock Minion, Archwitch Willow, has been revealed!

Archwitch Willow Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Scholomance Academy

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Scholomance Academy!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

Your friendly neighbourhood bot!
    Like what I'm doing? Disable ads and unlock cosmetics with Out of Cards Premium!

• Emptyness's Avatar Supporter 470 525 Posts Joined 03/16/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

It needs a strong deck building around this legendary. Oh, I miss the old Cubelock days. Maybe locks are getting some strong big demons this patch? It would even fit the Scholomance-theme.

“If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas.” ― George Bernard Shaw

EU Legend: S52 (ZooHeal Lock); S76 (Highlander Hunter);

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Swamp 995 2126 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Guess that confirms that big demons will be the Warlock theme.

Granted this is very low, but we do have The Dark Portal to make it work (also Quest)

If you think about it this is basically Dragonqueen Alexstrasza

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• BloodMefist's Avatar Design Champion 345 326 Posts Joined 05/28/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Enhanced Dreadlord is currently the best thing that this can hit, but it otherwise doesn't seem too good.  There are some other decent demons that you might run in the same deck like Aranasi Broodmother or maybe even Dread Infernal, but the lack of good big demons in Warlock makes this card unlikely to see play as it currently stands.

• FieselFitz's Avatar Anduin 495 586 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

I personaly realy like this Big Demon Archetype so i'll defenitely gonna give this one a chance. Seems a little slow at first but we have some tools to cheat out big minions like The Dark Portal for example. 

Also, Warlock has good removal and Healing so i guess you can take it to the lategame for some Big Demon Shenanigans :) 

Challenge me ... when you're ready to duel a god!

• UVE's Avatar Darkmaster 455 303 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Really bad synergy with warlock's prime.

Both cards supports Big demon archetype, but that one negates the battlecry of the prime.

By The Holy Light!

• Grumpy000's Avatar 580 360 Posts Joined 06/06/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

"from you hand and deck"

What does this mean exactly?

"from you hand OR deck" or does it summon two demons?

I am 67 years old and still reach Legend

• Grumpy000's Avatar 580 360 Posts Joined 06/06/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

checked the video ... so it's TWO demons!

I am 67 years old and still reach Legend

• Meteorite12's Avatar 590 684 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Seems really weak to me, given how late that effect actually comes into play

Who needs consistency when you could have fun?

• DoubleSummon's Avatar 1025 1877 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Seems good to me, the big demons control warlock can run currently have taunt so 2 taunt minions for 9 mana and a 7/7 is good.. just playing those Aranasi Broodmothers that are stuck in you hand is great deal.. also it's a good card to discount with quest.

• iWatchUSleep's Avatar 640 693 Posts Joined 05/28/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Here's to hoping they at least considered wild cubelock before printing Voidlord or Doomguard 2.0...

• Elfensilver's Avatar 365 479 Posts Joined 03/14/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Haven't we already seen legendary warlock cards which did nothing but to (re-) summon demons? 

• economicaooc's Avatar 285 360 Posts Joined 03/04/2020
    Posted 3 months ago

A big swing card for renolock, but unlike n'zoth and bloodreaver, this one puts the cards into play instead of making copies. I think that if renolock needed more swing turns, they'd run kanrethad over this.

As a 9 mana card, this definitely won't go anywhere else, unless a specific combo needs to pull two demons into play?

This post is discussing the wild format.

The down-vote is an 'I disagree' button, not an insult.

• Dermostatic's Avatar HearthStationeer 330 173 Posts Joined 03/31/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Yet another card that I think'll look great in Gold! I'm already imagining that swirling purple fel magic. Although it's expensive, it's potentially on the level of pre-nerf Alexstrasza in terms of swing. If your deck only runs thicc demons, having 3 big bodies on board isn't something to scoff at. Of course, you don't get to discover the Demons, but I'm assuming good ones have been chosen to include in the deck already. Will wait and see what Demons this expansion brings us.

Started playing HS in May, 2015. The bad news: I missed the excitement of 'Naxx out?' and GvG. The good news: I never met an Undertaker.

• RavenSunHS's Avatar Refreshment Vendor 720 1435 Posts Joined 03/27/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

I wish it targeted Taunt or Deathrattle instead of Demons.

Demons? Demons...

• Guenh's Avatar Devoted Academic 405 496 Posts Joined 05/28/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

It's a tool for a "Big Demon Lock" or a "Demon Tutor" for some combo that don't exit right now. Not too strong for 9 mana but in Wild can be used for sure

• dapperdog's Avatar 780 1358 Posts Joined 07/29/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

If only this didn't have negative synergy with Kanrethad Prime, it would have been perfect.

But there's still stuff this can do with Enhanced Dreadlord, so there's potential here somewhere. Maybe there would be better big demons down the line that can justify this massive 9 mana investment.

• sinti's Avatar Global Moderator Academy Sleuth 1090 1870 Posts Joined 10/20/2018
    Posted 3 months ago

Even mora ways to cheat out Doomguards?:D Does the OTK WL even need it? Probably not.

Madness at the Darkmoon Faire: Out of Cards Expansion Guide
    ~ Have an idea? Found a bug? Let us know! ~
    ~ Join us on Discord ~

• Pezman's Avatar 825 807 Posts Joined 06/03/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Pretty good, especially in wild. Ironically, it's Demon Hunter, not Warlock, who cold really abuse this card in standard right now.

• eazy's Avatar Explorer of Dragons 205 147 Posts Joined 06/04/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Please do not give them such ideas :D 

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

Remove Ads - Go Premium