Remove Ads - Go Premium

New Neutral Minion - Wandmaker

• Arthas's Avatar Black Lotus 455 1100 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

A new Common Neutral Minion, Wandmaker, has been revealed!

Wandmaker Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Scholomance Academy

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Scholomance Academy!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

Your friendly neighbourhood bot!
    Like what I'm doing? Disable ads and unlock cosmetics with Out of Cards Premium!

• UVE's Avatar Darkmaster 415 299 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Ok card to get cheap spellburst activators.

I think that is not worth in constructed, but can be good in arena.

By The Holy Light!

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Swamp 985 2126 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Cobalt Smolkin

I like this a lot, it's way faster than Spellkin and goes into a lot more decks (Spell Mage, Quest Shaman, potentially even Demon Hunter)

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• KANSAS's Avatar 1120 2243 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Small, useful, flexible.

Kind of reminds me of the lackeys. It is a small, okay-ish minion that adds another small resource to your hand. I think people will play this card for the same reason they played Cobalt Spellkin, the pool of 1-cost spells is limited enough you can safely add it to your deck and kind of know what you are going to get out of it. Only a 2 mana 2/2 is a lot easier to play than a 5 mana 3/5. 

"Carrion, my wayward grub"

• DarkFrostX's Avatar 300 440 Posts Joined 07/26/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

It's like a mini Cobalt Spellkin (and not a dragon). I like it, can also help to set up for cool turns in Spell mage.

• Elfensilver's Avatar 355 479 Posts Joined 03/14/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

But why would you by something from her, if you don't know what you're getting?

• DoubleSummon's Avatar 975 1875 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Maybe in mage cause most 1 cost spells there are quite good but apart from that nah..

Need to see more mage cards to decide.. but the dual rogue/mage discover one is much better.

• BloodMefist's Avatar Design Champion 325 325 Posts Joined 05/28/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

I think this along with Cobalt Spellkin will make it into a Mozaki combo deck where you generate a ton of 1-cost spells and then pop off with Mozaki to kill the opponent.  Otherwise, a pretty neat card that also might support some battlecry + spell Shaman deck.

• PLANETCRUNCH's Avatar Goblin 450 863 Posts Joined 07/19/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

I loved Cobalt Spellkin when it was released and I try to find room for that minion in any deck that I want to play cheap spells in. 

Being able to generate a 1 mana spell for 2 mana isn't terrible, in fact depending on the class it's really good - 

Paladins have their secrets, Mages have the side quests and cheap removal, Rogues have various tools that generate cards, Demon Hunters have Twin Slice and Mana Burn, etc. 

But when placing this minion in your deck you'll also need to look at the library of 1 mana spells available to your class and see if there's anything you'd have to be given - like a sidequest that doesn't have synergy with your deck, or a spell that removes all minions from your side of the board.

In a lot of cases it will probably be better to just slot in those 1 drop spells instead of this guy, but if you're looking for spell generation and RNG then he'll be a shoe in for sure

• dymar's Avatar 135 29 Posts Joined 06/03/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Hm slots into wild q mage nicly

• economicaooc's Avatar 265 359 Posts Joined 03/04/2020
    Posted 3 months ago

Half of a spellkin. Probably not great going of how much play spellkin sees.

Unlikely to go anywhere as far as I see it.

This post is discussing the wild format.

The down-vote is an 'I disagree' button, not an insult.

• GoliathTheDwarf's Avatar Content Squad Devoted Academic 485 535 Posts Joined 05/28/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

So a non-dragon cheaper Cobolt Spellkin. I'm sure there can be some good uses for it.

Official Lorekeeper and Spinner of Tavern Tales
    Check out the latest lore guide -- Undeath and Necromancy, The Story of the Scourge and Forsaken: Traversing Azeroth

• scuac's Avatar 345 161 Posts Joined 07/31/2019
    Posted 3 months ago
    Quote From DarkFrostX

It's like a mini Cobalt Spellkin (and not a dragon). I like it, can also help to set up for cool turns in Spell mage.

That is non-trivial. I am not sure Cobalt Spellkin would be run as much if it had no tribe.

A puzzle box? What does it say? ... Yogi-Saffron something... sure, let's open it, what is the worst that could happen?

• Meteorite12's Avatar 580 684 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Probably more of an arena card, but looks like it could be decent enough in constructed

Who needs consistency when you could have fun?

• Emptyness's Avatar Supporter 470 525 Posts Joined 03/16/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Spellburst support. But if you want to trigger your spellburst - I guess there are more suitable cards for every class. I am not convinced by this one.

“If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas.” ― George Bernard Shaw

EU Legend: S52 (ZooHeal Lock); S76 (Highlander Hunter);

• sinti's Avatar Global Moderator Academy Sleuth 1050 1863 Posts Joined 10/20/2018
    Posted 3 months ago

This is a really nice card as a common. I dont imagine it will find its way into many established decks, but as a cheap card generator and something to play early, it is definitely playable and by no means bad, it just isnt really doing anything specific for you.

Madness at the Darkmoon Faire: Out of Cards Expansion Guide
    ~ Have an idea? Found a bug? Let us know! ~
    ~ Join us on Discord ~

• Pezman's Avatar 620 804 Posts Joined 06/03/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Nice. More mana efficient than Cobalt Spellkin, but less body. I'd use it.

• dapperdog's Avatar 760 1352 Posts Joined 07/29/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Its just a smaller cobalt spellkin.

And that's good enough honestly. If getting spells is the game, then this is perhaps even better than the former.

• Demonxz95's Avatar Content Squad 940 1179 Posts Joined 03/19/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

It's actually not too bad. It's actually a pretty good 2-drop for decks that like their spells, especially small spells. For certain Spellburst effects, it's not too bad as it will give you a cheap spell to activate them, and 1-Cost spells are generally pretty decent in most classes.

It's not good for every deck obviously, but it's definitely playable somewhere.

• allthehype's Avatar Scholomance Surveyor 245 401 Posts Joined 07/26/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Pretty good! Could fill out some decks in standard depending on the class, probably an easy pick in arena.

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

Remove Ads - Go Premium