Remove Ads - Go Premium

New Paladin Minion - Turalyon, the Tenured

• Arthas's Avatar 300 957 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 2 weeks, 4 days ago

A new Legendary Paladin Minion, Turalyon, the Tenured, has been revealed!

Turalyon, the Tenured Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Scholomance Academy

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Scholomance Academy!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Swamp 965 2064 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

On one hand this is a great lategame bomb that needs to be dealt with or it invalidates  all future trades for your opponent.

On the other hand it costs 8-mana.

In either case it's a great drop from Lightforged Crusader (especially on curve)

Subdue

is probably still a better choice in terms of removal

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• economicaooc's Avatar 255 336 Posts Joined 03/04/2020

I'm fairly sure that in most cases this is just a 3/12 with poisonous and rush.

Paying 8 mana to remove a single minion is probably too slow for most paladin decks.

This post is discussing the wild format.

• dapperdog's Avatar 655 1207 Posts Joined 07/29/2019

Strong card, but paladin needs more offensive cards, and this is one big defensive card that comes a little too late.

Its one of those cards that doesn't win you the game, but when stolen by priest can win the game for them.

Amazing how most paladin cards work like that isn't it.

• DoubleSummon's Avatar 910 1728 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

Seems bad to me, damn too slow and also competes with Tirion Fordring as a late game minion (which is just better) and single card removal? at 8? seline is already quite mediocre itself dunno at least not all legendaries are good which is.. great since you need to craft less of them.

hoping for good dual class paladin legendaries then..

• Elfensilver's Avatar 340 462 Posts Joined 03/14/2019

That's the first rush paladin minion, isn't it? 

• UVE's Avatar 405 291 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Quote From Elfensilver

That's the first rush paladin minion, isn't it? 

Ghostly Charger.

That card seems good as a control/duel tool.

With 12 health can trade 4 Minions by itself, and paladin have access to several buffs and heals.

Its a must remove for the enemy, and 12 health is hard to kill.

By The Holy Light!

• Grumpy000's Avatar 495 326 Posts Joined 06/06/2019

If I understand well the effect is BEFORE the attack. So, when played, it kills a minion and leaves a 3/9 body in the field. Not so bad after all ...

I am 67 years old and still reach Legend

• Erodos's Avatar 360 408 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

This card is pretty good, but not great. If a control paladin or slower midrange paladin exists I can see this being played in this, but it won't carry any type of archetype by itself.

Quote From Grumpy000

If I understand well the effect is BEFORE the attack. So, when played, it kills a minion and leaves a 3/9 body in the field. Not so bad after all ...

Otherwise it would be extremely lame.

• Neoguli's Avatar Champion of Runeterra 280 160 Posts Joined 06/25/2019

This is so good for Big Paladin, and while that archetype is not doing hot, this card definitely helps that archetype. Duel! is especially nutty, completely nullifying the opponent's minion AND being able to attack the second target. Even with Nozdormu the Timeless, this can be played much earlier, having more impact.

Outside of that though, it does seem a bit weaker, but still decent as a way to deal with one minion. Still, you'd want that guy in Big Pally.

3/5

Hearthcards deck creating enthusiast. Also previously known on Hearthpwn as Cooler39140 and Huoyan.

• Emptyness's Avatar Supporter 460 522 Posts Joined 03/16/2019

So, now you can get this off Zephry's when played on 10mana instead of Tirion or Natalie? I wonder how good it will be then...

“If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas.” ― George Bernard Shaw

EU Legend: S52 (ZooHeal Lock); S76 (Highlander Hunter);

• AngryShuckie's Avatar 505 479 Posts Joined 06/03/2019
    Quote From Emptyness

So, now you can get this off Zephry's when played on 10mana instead of Tirion or Natalie? I wonder how good it will be then...

No. Zephrys only offers Basic and Classic cards. People will have to find out how good it is by putting the card in their decks

• Vandaren's Avatar 320 524 Posts Joined 06/05/2019

Idk what Turalyon suppose to do in the lore, but yes this is kinda slow. Or maybe we will see card like Duel! which utilize minion to attack, but probably no.

• Emptyness's Avatar Supporter 460 522 Posts Joined 03/16/2019
    Quote From AngryShuckie
    Quote From Emptyness

No. Zephrys only offers Basic and Classic cards. People will have to find out how good it is by putting the card in their decks

Ahh, I see, thanks. Then it will probably be too slow I guess :(. 

“If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas.” ― George Bernard Shaw

EU Legend: S52 (ZooHeal Lock); S76 (Highlander Hunter);

Quote From Vandaren

Idk what Turalyon suppose to do in the lore, but yes this is kinda slow. Or maybe we will see card like Duel! which utilize minion to attack, but probably no.

Yeah I guess it's a push for that archetype togheter with nozdormu, been trying to push that archetype for a while now.. 

• Tumbleweedovski's Avatar The Cake Is A Lie 260 30 Posts Joined 06/12/2019

This effect already exists. It's called poisonous.

Arena > Wild > Standard

• meisterz39's Avatar 415 577 Posts Joined 06/03/2019

On its face, this is a bit to expensive, but you only need to attack a twice before it's awesome. I honestly think this could be very good in a Libram deck where you have some free buffs in hand by the time this guy comes down. They would make him very hard to remove, and he'd have a soft taunt thanks to his ability to kill anything on the board.

• Brandon's Avatar Devoted Outlander 305 372 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Seems like a good control tool. Good stats for it's cost, you generally see these stats on legendary dragons like Malygos and etc. It's better than spells that do this kinda effect like Subdue, mainly because this actually removes a minion. HARD removal (that is not a 2 or more card combo) is something paladin needs, so this will see a lot of play.

• FenrirWulf's Avatar 165 46 Posts Joined 06/12/2019
    Quote From economicaooc

I'm fairly sure that in most cases this is just a 3/12 with poisonous and rush.

Well, theoretically it's closer to a 3/9 Poisonous Rush Divine Shield but pretty much. It's a decent big minion but not threatening enough and Paladins need something else to be good anyways. I'm hoping that they'll announce more support for Control Paladin otherwise this card is just too slow and not impactful enough.

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

Remove Ads - Go Premium