Remove Ads - Go Premium

New Hunter Minion - Krolusk Barkstripper

• Arthas's Avatar 300 957 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 2 weeks, 1 day ago

A new Epic Hunter Minion, Krolusk Barkstripper, has been revealed!

Krolusk Barkstripper Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Scholomance Academy

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Scholomance Academy!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

• theo333's Avatar 440 364 Posts Joined 03/29/2019

Really slow against aggro. Control Hunter getting stronger.

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Swamp 965 2064 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

I guess deadly shot is now officially obsolete

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• economicaooc's Avatar 255 336 Posts Joined 03/04/2020

Probably justifiable as a pick for a midrange hunter deck. Pretty powerful, but deadly shot effects are always poor against aggro.

This post is discussing the wild format.

• clawz161's Avatar Mountain 365 377 Posts Joined 07/16/2019

Ehhh, you'd rather play the 6/5 dragon for this effect. or just plain deadly shot, since it works better with zul'jin, because why would you ever play control hunter in standard anyway.

I DON'T FIGHT FOR GOOD. AND I DON'T FIGHT FOR EVIL. I JUST FIGHT!

• DoubleSummon's Avatar 910 1728 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

if you are playing that control hunter archtype with the new spells=poisonous dude.. then this card can make it deadlyshot on a minion? seems good and you don't always want to run dragons..

• BloodMefist's Avatar 320 298 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

A really strong card by itself, pushes control Hunter pretty well.  Might make it into Highlander, but we'll have to see if updated lists run enough cheap spells to reliably proc this effect.  As is though, its got decent stats for the cost and comes with a basically free Deadly Shot.  Wish the flavor was better to be something that made more sense for a Spellburst, but I have high hopes for this card.

• Brandon's Avatar Devoted Outlander 305 372 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Deadly Shot is now obsolete. This will see play in highlander hunter for sure. They love having multiple ways to remove a minion. Solid card.

• KANSAS's Avatar 1100 2130 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

3/5 stats is only slightly below stats quo for a 4-drop, but destroying a minion is worth a lot more than 1 attack. People are talking about this vs Rotnest Drake, and there are arguments in favor of both. Maybe in a dragon deck Rotnest is better, but why not play both? The reason Rotnest Drake is good is because it is a solid body and it removes something, so you are able to keep your opponent's board in check without having to lose tempo. This card does the same thing. So, why not play both?

First rule of the English language: Their our know rules.

• Meteorite12's Avatar 570 667 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Another reason to run some of those really cheap small pings for the legendary’s effect. Even without those it looks pretty good

Who needs consistency when you could have fun?

• DarkFrostX's Avatar 290 436 Posts Joined 07/26/2019

Strong as hell, specially with all the new 1 mana spells added.

• Koetti's Avatar Island 545 657 Posts Joined 11/21/2019

Don't know if this is good enough to make the Cut. Nobody's playing Deadly Shot, and I doubt that sticking a Body to it that needs a Trigger will change that.

Maybe you could fit this into Highlander.

Long, drawn-out Control Match-ups with Boardclears en masse and an unbelievable amount of greedy cards?

Sign me up!

• Pezman's Avatar 580 759 Posts Joined 06/03/2019

This looks very useful. Hunter has enough cheap spells, many of which can remove smaller minions, to make this a reliable removal.

• Demonxz95's Avatar Content Squad Card Designer Enthusiast 750 1056 Posts Joined 03/19/2019

The name is really weird, but the effect is really strong. I expect to see this played.

Pretty much every Deadly Shot on a minion has seen play at some point, and this has a better stats:cost ratio than a lot of those cards. Casting a spell is not that difficult of a requirement.

• dapperdog's Avatar 655 1207 Posts Joined 07/29/2019
    Posted 2 weeks ago

Its a decent card for beast hunters. Easily paired with Overwhelm to basically destroy two minions, and for hunter that's a major plus. Even if there's no card to immediately proct the spellburst, its basically a soft taunt on turn 4, which is decent.

Yes rotnest drake is a better card. But that's a card in dragon decks. This one does a very similar thing, but in any deck that plays reasonable amounts of spells in it. Which in most cases is nearly everything thats not dragon hunter.

• Emptyness's Avatar Supporter 460 522 Posts Joined 03/16/2019
    Posted 2 weeks ago

Highlander or some sort of control hunter are getting a lot of attention in this exp. And they want hunter=beasts and not dragons anymore I guess.

“If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas.” ― George Bernard Shaw

EU Legend: S52 (ZooHeal Lock); S76 (Highlander Hunter);

• FieselFitz's Avatar Anduin 420 532 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 2 weeks ago

Very good in combination with cheap spells - and it`s also a beast!

Challenge me ... when you're ready to duel a god!

• Vandaren's Avatar 320 524 Posts Joined 06/05/2019
    Posted 2 weeks ago

You have to combo it with spell, otherwise you risk it being removed on T4 when you drop him. But at 5 health not many can answer it, though..

• PLANETCRUNCH's Avatar 425 754 Posts Joined 07/19/2019
    Posted 2 weeks ago

It seems like Team 5 wants to remind players that Hunters are supposed to play with beasts! 

this minion has average stats for cost, it's no Chillwind Yeti but it can still take some damage. Slightly below bar for Arena picks.

The effect is what's interesting about the card, being able to remove a random enemy once a turn is massive if your opponent is playing minions on curve.

Granted, this means you'll probably need to play spells and cheaper minions off curve, but with spells like say - Scrap shot to remove a minion, and using this minion's effect to remove another, you've cleared two minions for four mana. and if Scrap shot hit hunter's new 1 drop the Wolpertinger you can play it after the scrap shot for 8/8 worth of stats across two bodies (more on that on the Wolpertinger review).

However this minion's effect will make it a target for single removal spells or even rush minions so you don't snowball with it, and while there's ways to improve it's stats and make it stronger, there's some spells like siphon soul or assassinate that can remove this minion easily.

Due to it's spellburst ability you'll want to play spells with this minion, but you don't need to run removal. I think secret Hunter might adopt this minion for their deck. 

• Horus's Avatar Scholomance Scholar 1010 1614 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 1 week, 6 days ago
    Quote From YourPrivateNightmare

I guess deadly shot is now officially obsolete

or can insure a double single target removal ^^

Struggle with Heroic Galakrond's Awakening? I got your back : 

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

Remove Ads - Go Premium