Remove Ads - Go Premium

New Warrior Weapon - Reaper Scythe

• Arthas's Avatar 300 968 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 2 weeks, 2 days ago

A new Rare Warrior Weapon, Reaper Scythe, has been revealed!

Reaper's Scythe Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Scholomance Academy

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Scholomance Academy!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Swamp 965 2065 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

very strong in any warrior deck.

Cleave is an incredibly powerful mechanic that usually ended up being very expensive. To have this for 4-mana (or I guess more with the spell) is huge.

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• garrosh's Avatar Garrosh 70 20 Posts Joined 03/26/2020

Auto Include

• DoubleSummon's Avatar 910 1735 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Quote From garrosh

Auto Include

Profile pic checks out (has Scourgelord Garrosh in case of pic change)

this is just that weapon but costs half as much.. for a meager cost of playing a spell.. (Upgrade!?)

• BloodMefist's Avatar 320 298 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

Super good with all the attack and durability buffs Warrior has access too.  Synergizes exceptionally well with Cutting Class and Doctor Krastinov, I expect all three to make some waves in Warrior deck lists.

• KANSAS's Avatar 1100 2130 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

I really like how they did spellburst here where you don't always want to trigger it right away. This card is incredible for controlling the board, and the base stats aren't even that bad. Death's Bite was played a lot, and sometimes still is in wild. You are losing the whirlwind effect for an extra 8 damage. Seems like a fair trade-off to me.

First rule of the English language: Their our know rules.

• economicaooc's Avatar 255 337 Posts Joined 03/04/2020

4 mana 4/2 weapons have already seen play in warrior decks, and unlike death's bite, this one has an always beneficial effect in aggressive decks. I'm sure that this will see at least some play.

This post is discussing the wild format.

• Demonxz95's Avatar Content Squad Card Designer Enthusiast 750 1056 Posts Joined 03/19/2019

(Foe) Reaper's Scythe - You know they did on purpose (and it's fitting since a scythe is a farming tool).

The effect is quite strong though, and you can choose when it'll go off. It even has good synergy with the buffs in this set.

• DarkFrostX's Avatar 290 436 Posts Joined 07/26/2019

Does warrior actually need more AoE? I don't think this will be played taking in consideration the other cards warrior has.

• dapperdog's Avatar 655 1213 Posts Joined 07/29/2019

Is the effect strong? Yes. Will it see inclusion? No.

Messes with your Corsair Cache is bad enough, it needs to be triggered to be good, will only work once, and there's already a huge amount of weapons that are currently filling up warrior's hands. Will this ever replace cards like Ancharrr, Livewire Lance, or even Wrenchcalibur? Not likely. And even in aggro warrior, face is the place, not minion trading.

Perhaps you'd think that you can leave it up and spellburst later? Well, if it doesn't get oozed, your opponent will play around it like crazy, and you will still need to contrive a spell to be played, so its not strictly good without any more resources spent.

• FieselFitz's Avatar Anduin 420 532 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

This will be an auto include in every warrior deck! way to strong to not run this. But i also sure that almost every deck will Tech in Weapon Removal, because there are lots of Weapons around right now, and still will be in the upcoming meta!

Challenge me ... when you're ready to duel a god!

• Vandaren's Avatar 320 526 Posts Joined 06/05/2019

Good for control. You can save the spellburst effect to get the desired effect too since warrior don't like slinging spells.

• Brandon's Avatar Devoted Outlander 305 375 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Auto-include in any warrior deck. Also cleave is VERY STRONG. there is a reason we don't see that many cleave cards printed. Also this kinda effect is what control warrior really needed.

• Pezman's Avatar 580 759 Posts Joined 06/03/2019
    Posted 2 weeks, 1 day ago

Super good. Even playable without the ability. Plus, since it's Spellburst and not Battlecry, you can cleave on the first swing or the second.

• Emptyness's Avatar Supporter 460 522 Posts Joined 03/16/2019

1 attack and 1 durability shy of the legendary Shadowmourne from the DK. The effect should not be hard to activate and that cleave for 3x4 can mean a lot. And you can have 2 of them. Even Upgraded + Corsairs cache - that's some serious cleave.

“If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas.” ― George Bernard Shaw

EU Legend: S52 (ZooHeal Lock); S76 (Highlander Hunter);

• JFK's Avatar 470 437 Posts Joined 07/31/2019
  • PLANETCRUNCH's Avatar Judicious Junior 425 754 Posts Joined 07/19/2019

4 mana 4/2 weapons with nice effects have historically seen play in Hearthstone - just look at TrueSilver Champion.

This weapons ability to damage adjacent minions is super important, as sometimes Warrior is facing an opponent who uses sticky death rattle minions to control the board, even if Warrior won the brawl.

This weapon will let you play brawl, and damage any adjacent minions that may have been summoned by death rattles such as the hyenas off of Savannah Highmane.

The ability also allows you to ignore secrets like Noble Sacrifice and Pack Tactics, since the they'll damage both minions anyway.

It's a good weapon with a much needed control ability for a class that likes to dabble in control when Pirates aren't their best deck on the ladder.

• Guenh's Avatar Devoted Academic 395 496 Posts Joined 05/28/2019
    Posted 2 weeks ago

Very strong in any deck and also can make a small cleave. Auto-include probabbly

• FaytFFX's Avatar 360 189 Posts Joined 12/03/2019
    Posted 2 weeks ago

I feel like this had way more potential. :/ 

Thanks to denial, I'm immortal.

• Lemushki's Avatar Squirtle 425 353 Posts Joined 03/22/2019
    Posted 2 weeks ago

DK 2.0

Lemushki - The one and only since 2006

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

Remove Ads - Go Premium