Remove Ads - Go Premium

New Paladin & Warrior Spell - Shield of Honor

• Arthas's Avatar Black Lotus 460 1105 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

A new Common Paladin/Warrior Spell, Shield of Honor, has been revealed!

Shield of Honor Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Scholomance Academy

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Scholomance Academy!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

Your friendly neighbourhood bot!
    Like what I'm doing? Disable ads and unlock cosmetics with Out of Cards Premium!

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Swamp 1005 2126 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

this doesn't look severely overstatted at all, can't wait to have aggro warrior rush me down with minions i can't possibly get rid off

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• DoubleSummon's Avatar 1100 1883 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

without the damaged clause this effect costs 3 mana in a wild card , warrior can easily have damaged minions 3/5 for me might be good or might be too hard to play.

• economicaooc's Avatar 295 360 Posts Joined 03/04/2020
    Posted 3 months ago

It's good, but it's remarkably hard to control a damaged minion in the early turns of the game when you're up against a control deck.

Very matchup dependant, but probably slots into at least one deck. Not sure if that deck is pirate warrior, but it's worth trying.

This post is discussing the wild format.

The down-vote is an 'I disagree' button, not an insult.

• clawz161's Avatar The Undying 440 426 Posts Joined 07/16/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Trade, play this on a minion. Welcome to arena.

This won't be annoying to deal with at all.

I DON'T FIGHT FOR GOOD. AND I DON'T FIGHT FOR EVIL. I JUST FIGHT!

• BloodMefist's Avatar Design Champion 415 326 Posts Joined 05/28/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Compares pretty well to Rampage since you might be able to get more that 3 health of divine shield in a trade.  That said, it anti-synergizes with Risky Skipper and might not see play in damage Warrior for that reason.  In Paladin it's a bit harder to get use in general since there are no easy ways of damaging your own minions, but it could find a home in a buff archetype.  

• KANSAS's Avatar Eldritch Horror 1220 2253 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

I don't think paladin will play this nearly as much as warrior because of the damage clause. But this will be a very powerful card in aggro warrior. Imagine giving your Frothing Berserker Divine Shield. This card is two 1-cost cards meshed into a single 1-cost card that has synergy with itself, that is just too much value for the card not to be played.

• Brandon's Avatar Devoted Outlander 395 416 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Warrior: Amazing card for an already good deck. Will see a lot ofplay. Also giving a minion divine shield really helps it stick around longer, and it's a cheap enabler for Bloodsworn Mercenary.

Paladin: Okay soo this is kinda awkward. The best synergy i can think of right now is giving this to Turalyon, the Tenured to make it a bigger threat. Oh and in wild it's pretty good on Immortal Prelate. So i guess it will see play in Pure/control Paladin in standard, and Buff/quest Paladin in wild?

• DarkFrostX's Avatar 325 459 Posts Joined 07/26/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Seems really good, is a strong buff for aggro warrior since they end up with a big early minion that is hard to remove. Smork all the way.

• Demonxz95's Avatar Content Squad Headless Horseman 1060 1208 Posts Joined 03/19/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Really strong buff card. It's better in Warrior since they can easily damage their minions on a whim and they take advantage of them doing so already.

In Paladin, it's harder to use since the damaged minion will most likely need to survive a round of combat first (meaning you'll typically need to wait a turn after playing a minion for you to be able to actually use it). In Arena though, it'll be really good for them.

• dapperdog's Avatar 780 1361 Posts Joined 07/29/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Its Bloodsworn Mercenary fodder. Otherwise its just competition to Rampage, perhaps a better card.

Nearly useless in paladin, but can be useful in warrior since Inner Rage is still 0 mana.

• Vandaren's Avatar 345 566 Posts Joined 06/05/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

For warrior it's okay, for pally..? Hmm maybe dedicated deck would play this.

• FieselFitz's Avatar Anduin 495 586 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Good for Warrior - Paladin could work but i guess it is only realy or lets say more helpfull in Warrior.

Challenge me ... when you're ready to duel a god!

• Emptyness's Avatar Supporter 470 525 Posts Joined 03/16/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

So, we will live in a time where warriors can divine shield and extra buff their already buffed with rampage damaged minions. What a time to be alive...

“If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas.” ― George Bernard Shaw

EU Legend: S52 (ZooHeal Lock); S76 (Highlander Hunter);

• Pezman's Avatar 895 818 Posts Joined 06/03/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

What an interesting blend of Paladin and Warrior themes. I can see this being pretty useful at only 1 mana.

• PLANETCRUNCH's Avatar Goblin 515 880 Posts Joined 07/19/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Paladin's spell Hand of Protection costs 1 mana to give a minion Divine Shield.

Warriors spell Rampage gives a damaged minion +3/+3 in stats for 2 mana.

So giving a damaged minion extra attack AND divine shield should be at least 2 mana, but here it's only 1, making it a very cost effective spell.

Both classes are known for running big minions with high health and taunts that take abuse from their opponents. I can see this spell being used on a taunt minion that's used to clear a weak minion on the opponents side of the field, and then applying this buff on it, making it more durable and making it more likely to destroy any enemy minion that might try to trade into it.

As mentioned this spell is very cheap and flexible, and can be used by both Paladins and Warriors to cheaply activate spell burst effects on their turns.

• JFK's Avatar 600 442 Posts Joined 07/31/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Effect is somewhat on par with Rampage, but this costs 1 less. Anti-synergy with skipper though. It should see play.

Oh, it's also a paladin card? Didn't notice.

• Guenh's Avatar Devoted Academic 415 496 Posts Joined 05/28/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

I don't understand why Blizzard give card like this to the Warior. This is too much...for just 1 mana. I predict a small nerf

• FaytFFX's Avatar 365 189 Posts Joined 12/03/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Great for Warrior, alright for Paladin.

Thanks to denial, I'm immortal.

• linkinboy0's Avatar 485 252 Posts Joined 07/07/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

I love this mix. I'd definitely use it

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

Remove Ads - Go Premium