Remove Ads - Go Premium

New Rogue Spell - Plagiarize

• Arthas's Avatar Black Lotus 455 1100 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 2 months, 3 weeks ago

A new Common Rogue Spell, Plagiarize, has been revealed!

Plagiarize Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Scholomance Academy

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Scholomance Academy!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

Your friendly neighbourhood bot!
    Like what I'm doing? Disable ads and unlock cosmetics with Out of Cards Premium!

• clawz161's Avatar Mountain 380 413 Posts Joined 07/16/2019

"Just don't play anything lol"

I DON'T FIGHT FOR GOOD. AND I DON'T FIGHT FOR EVIL. I JUST FIGHT!

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Swamp 985 2126 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

that could be very relevant for Quest Rogue (and just in general of course).

Sure, you can't guarantee it will be useful, but if you get lucky (or accurately predict what your opponent is going to do) you can easily get massive progress on your quest with just one card (or just finish it entirely)

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• DoubleSummon's Avatar 975 1875 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

I play a trap card!

I hero power and EMOTE!

gg

• BloodMefist's Avatar Design Champion 325 325 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

Happy to see that they are continuing Secret Rogue support and are willing to make guaranteed triggers like Competitive Spirit again.  It's a bit too tricky to play since you're not always going to get something that you want, but it's an interesting tool to work around with.

• Almaniarra's Avatar Devoted Outlander 645 1195 Posts Joined 03/21/2019

I wish Rogue shares dual class with Hunter and gets a dual class secret but at least there is one secret for her isn't it ? :)

• KANSAS's Avatar 1120 2244 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

Just to clarify, this does trigger if your opponent doesn't play any cards, right? I am not sure if that is inconsistent with other secrets or not because usually if the reward isn't able to trigger, the secret stays dormant. 

Anyway I think this will see play in any rogue deck that needs some card advantage. The only problem is most rogue decks aren't looking for more card advantage. Maybe in a burgle rogue, but aside from that I don't think it is worth it.

"Carrion, my wayward grub"

• frosthearth's Avatar 400 380 Posts Joined 03/18/2019

I think this won't trigger if your opponent doesn't play anything

• NegativeNemsy's Avatar 160 105 Posts Joined 07/10/2019
    Quote From KANSAS

Just to clarify, this does trigger if your opponent doesn't play any cards, right? I am not sure if that is inconsistent with other secrets or not because usually if the reward isn't able to trigger, the secret stays dormant. 

Anyway I think this will see play in any rogue deck that needs some card advantage. The only problem is most rogue decks aren't looking for more card advantage. Maybe in a burgle rogue, but aside from that I don't think it is worth it.

My guess is it works like Competitive Spirit.  The opponent would have to play at least play 1 card to activate it otherwise it seems useless.  I'm not sure though.

• economicaooc's Avatar 265 359 Posts Joined 03/04/2020

You could use this in a togwaggle deck, but if your opponent knew what you were doing they would just wait a turn.

In most cases, this card's power will be inversely proportional to how popular it is.

As always, copying enemy cards is an unreliable strategy.

This post is discussing the wild format.

The down-vote is an 'I disagree' button, not an insult.

• Demonxz95's Avatar Content Squad 940 1180 Posts Joined 03/19/2019

I was not expecting to get a Rogue Secret in this set, but it's actually really nice since it means they're willing to keep pushing Secret Rogue.

Logically, it should work like Competitive Spirit in that it won't trigger if your opponent doesn't play any cards (similar to how Competitive Spirit doesn't trigger if you control no minions at the start of your turn). In the event that they do play nothing to play around the Secret, then... they played nothing and basically skipped an opportunity to play any cards, which is good for you since that will put you ahead in the game.

If your opponent only plays 1 card, it's not too great. If they play more than 1 card though, then it's actually pretty good. It's also really difficult to play around since it's really hard to tell when it's actually out on the field. It might be good in Secret Rogue, although maybe they might just prefer Dirty Tricks instead. Solid 3 star card with potential to be better.

• DarkFrostX's Avatar 300 446 Posts Joined 07/26/2019

"He can't see us if we don't move" - Dr Grant.

• dapperdog's Avatar 760 1352 Posts Joined 07/29/2019

This is perhaps the weirdest secret in hearthstone currently.

Its probably a discover spell rather than something you'd purposefully drop into your deck. The best classes that play more than 1 card per turn, of which rogue can find a use for, would be mage and ironically rogue itself.

Its weakness is that the cards you get doesn't get discounted so its like 2 mana resource, of which Dirty Tricks is very likely just better. Worse still, your opponent will have an option to mill your cards by playing a bunch of useless stuff, making it awkward to play both galakrond and togwaggle.

But since against both rogue and mage this card is excellent there might yet be a place for it somewhere down the line.

• JackJimson's Avatar 245 296 Posts Joined 11/19/2019

This is going to be an annoying secret to play around.

Only counter play is play a card that is relevant to you not your opponent.

• FieselFitz's Avatar Anduin 495 586 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Interesting!

Annoying to play around :) 

Challenge me ... when you're ready to duel a god!

• Brandon's Avatar Devoted Outlander 345 413 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

WOW, now this is a fun card! i like it. Good for quest rogue, and it makes the opponent afraid of playing anything. This secret is also really good on turns you can predict that your opponent is going to do a big swing turn, and if they still play it, you can take those cards and do a big swing turn of your own. This card will certainly see play in secret rogue. (or in secret rogue packages) And obviously quest rogue, and as someone who loves thief rogue: It will be awesome.

• Vandaren's Avatar 335 565 Posts Joined 06/05/2019

Oh, the mind games. At the right turn you can get the right card from your opponent. And it support burglar, too. I like it.

• Psymon's Avatar Darkmaster 370 93 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

I love how tasty standard Rogue secrets are. Is like beneficing (and tricking) the turn of your opponent and how he played it giving you a huge tempo in comparison.

Xbox gamertag - Psymonjet

• Firenza's Avatar 265 198 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

If that's how it works then it's a potential Time Warp. Take another turn.

• Emptyness's Avatar Supporter 470 525 Posts Joined 03/16/2019

Diluting the rogue secret pool makes it harder to play around. I would include 1 of this in a secret galakrond rogue for 1 of the 2x Dirty Tricks I currently have for example. 

“If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas.” ― George Bernard Shaw

EU Legend: S52 (ZooHeal Lock); S76 (Highlander Hunter);

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

Remove Ads - Go Premium