New Shaman Minion - Bru'kan

• Arthas's Avatar Black Lotus 780 1943 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 2 months, 3 weeks ago

A new Legendary Shaman Minion, Bru'kan, has been revealed!

Bru'kan Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Forged in the Barrens

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Forged in the Barrens!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

Your friendly neighbourhood bot!
    Like what I'm doing? Disable ads and unlock cosmetics with Out of Cards Premium!

• Caro's Avatar 1255 805 Posts Joined 03/12/2020
    Posted 2 months, 2 weeks ago

Need to see what the nature spells will be, I'm assuming Earth Shock will be a nature spell, that's obvious enough. Maybe Tidal Wave too?

• KANSAS's Avatar Old God Fanatic 1715 2733 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

It is difficult to judge this cards power level since we don't know exactly which spells will be "nature". But I imagine in general a lot of Shaman spells will be nature spells which should make this pretty powerful.

Carrion, my wayward grub.

• darkjak's Avatar E.V.I.L. Dragon 375 334 Posts Joined 07/06/2019

Combined with the buffed Lightning Storm, this'll be scary

• dapperdog's Avatar Dragon Scholar 1320 2337 Posts Joined 07/29/2019

Until we start seeing more nature spells (my guess is that Lightning Bolt would be one of them), this card is only a 4 mana 5/4 that only bares its rubber teeth.

Is there any reason to prefer this over Imprisoned Phoenix, which while being slightly less impactful, is at least a guaranteed 2 turn act. Maybe Zap! would come back to standard, and if its a nature spell, then this card may be better than it appears.

• Grumpy000's Avatar Bronze Supporter 1295 711 Posts Joined 06/06/2019

what is a nature spell?

I am 68 years old and still reach Legend

• MurlocAggroB's Avatar COMMENT_COUNT_500_HS 925 517 Posts Joined 06/12/2019
    Quote From Grumpy000

what is a nature spell?

Spells will have tribes now, like minions do. Nature is one of those tribes.

A man is lying on the street, some punks chopped off his head

I'm the only one who stops to see if he's dead.

Hmm. Turns out he's dead.

• FieselFitz's Avatar Anduin 650 832 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Well this could be very strong depending on what spells will be Nature-Spells. So far i think this could be very strong.

Challenge me ... when you're ready to duel a god!

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Bloodfeather 1375 2682 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

So assuming that all Shaman spells are nature by default (not regarding special cases) this seems pretty good.

We've seen the huge difference between 1 and 2 spell damage before and this comes with 3 for a very moderate cost.

Unless all of Shaman's Burn spells aren't qualified as nature (where would Lava Burst fall actually?) we basically have a reliable finisher

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• Brandon's Avatar Old God Fanatic 750 1029 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Really hard card to judge right now. But it will probably see play in spell damage shaman? turn 4 Bru'kan into turn 5 Ras Frostwhisper seems realy good, as long as Ras Frostwhisper and Bru'kan actually synergise together. Now that i think about it, how will Ras Frostwhisper work after those tribes are introduced? Seems pretty hard to make him good for both shaman and mage. Let's hope they make Ras Frostwhisper work with ANY spell damage, tribal or not. IF they do that then that turn 4 Bru'kan into turn 5 Ras Frostwhisper seems really good.

Standard: Probably spell damage shaman.

Wild: EVEN costed, and EVEN shaman likes totems. So it probably won't see that much play. If only it were ODD Costed, because ODD Shaman would have LOVED it. (ODD Shaman is more of a burn deck with lots of spell damage stuff, for anyone that's wondering.)

• Synnr7's Avatar 650 270 Posts Joined 07/19/2019

I think this is a very strong card. A lot of shaman spells should end up being nature and +3 spell damage so cheap is strong. Be a nice finisher in an aggressive shaman. Or a combo piece for an otk. With spells being retroactively I'm sure he'll be a powerful tool in wild too.

Casual Dragon Cardgame enthusiast. 

• UVE's Avatar 935 650 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Quote From Brandon

Really hard card to judge right now. But it will probably see play in spell damage shaman? turn 4 Bru'kan into turn 5 Ras Frostwhisper seems realy good, as long as Ras Frostwhisper and Bru'kan actually synergise together. Now that i think about it, how will Ras Frostwhisper work after those tribes are introduced? Seems pretty hard to make him good for both shaman and mage. Let's hope they make Ras Frostwhisper work with ANY spell damage, tribal or not. IF they do that then that turn 4 Bru'kan into turn 5 Ras Frostwhisper seems really good.

Standard: Probably spell damage shaman.

Wild: EVEN costed, and EVEN shaman likes totems. So it probably won't see that much play. If only it were ODD Costed, because ODD Shaman would have LOVED it. (ODD Shaman is more of a burn deck with lots of spell damage stuff, for anyone that's wondering.)

I was thinking exactly the same! 

By The Holy Light!

• GoddammitDontShootMe's Avatar Crossroads Historian 1245 315 Posts Joined 06/03/2019

If it had those cost and stats and Spell Damage +3, it would be OP as fuck. Since it's limited to only affecting a subset of spells, maybe it will just be good. Right now the only Nature spell we know is Chain Lightning (Rank 1), so we'll need to see more to say how good this is.

• Pezman's Avatar Unwrapped 1605 1359 Posts Joined 06/03/2019

So right away I'm thinking this is a mini-Malygos (the OG of course). If there are enough cheap nature spells that can go face, this card has OTK potential.

• Hydrafrog's Avatar Gul'dan 1450 2209 Posts Joined 05/28/2019
    Posted 2 months, 1 week ago

Aren't all of Shaman's spell damage, Nature?

• og0's Avatar 1330 961 Posts Joined 03/31/2019

Lots of nature spells in Shaman so pretty good?

All generalizations are false.

• BigE's Avatar The Cake Is A Lie 830 383 Posts Joined 05/28/2020

But he looks cool. 

Dad Legend. Legend IV

• Topandito's Avatar 825 383 Posts Joined 03/29/2019

I mean it sorta depends on the spells. That said this already works with Lightning Bolt as a method to burst for 12 with two copies.

• JackJimson's Avatar 575 526 Posts Joined 11/19/2019

My gut feel tells me this won't work with Ras Frostwhisper as the card works on generic spell damage buff will this is nature spell damage buff.

That said this is still a very strong card as most shaman spells are nature. This can turn Lightning Storm into a Flamestrike, Lightning Bolt into a Fireball, and Tidal Wave into a 16 health swing. The stats are also vanilla stats for a 4 drop, so dropping this on curve for tempo doesn't feel too bad in a pinch.

• samwisetarly's Avatar 330 118 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

Mini Maly!

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

Remove Ads - Go Premium