New Warlock Spell - Imp Swarm (Rank 1)

• Arthas's Avatar Black Lotus 675 1493 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 5 days, 16 hours ago

A new Common Warlock Spell, Imp Swarm (Rank 1), has been revealed!

Imp Swarm (Rank 1) Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Core 2021

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Core 2021!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

Your friendly neighbourhood bot!
    Like what I'm doing? Disable ads and unlock cosmetics with Out of Cards Premium!

• KANSAS's Avatar Old God Fanatic 1635 2504 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Posted 5 days, 15 hours ago

This seems relatively underwhelming no matter when you play it.

At first it is just Bloodfen Raptor. By turn 5 getting a pair of 3/2 demons isn't really anything to worry about. Hunters can already do that with Petting Zoo (if not earlier). And if you are still trying to get your imps to stick by turn 10 it is too late and the extra dude isn't going to make much difference.

Carrion, my wayward grub.

• MurlocAggroB's Avatar COMMENT_COUNT_450_HS 920 484 Posts Joined 06/12/2019

Call it a hunch, but I bet the usefulness of this card relies on the Fel tag. It's so far below the power level otherwise.

It's too early to actually call this card, since we have no idea what the Spell Schools mean yet.

A man is lying on the street, some punks chopped off his head

I'm the only one who stops to see if he's dead.

Hmm. Turns out he's dead.

• Caro's Avatar Dragon 1145 576 Posts Joined 03/12/2020

It's more a zoo card, but doubt it would see much value on turn 10. Lets see what support the fel spells get

• darkjak's Avatar E.V.I.L. Dragon 275 172 Posts Joined 07/06/2019
    Posted 5 days, 14 hours ago

Will easily see play in Tokenlock

• dapperdog's Avatar 1130 1888 Posts Joined 07/29/2019
    Posted 5 days, 11 hours ago

Probably not good. No control deck wants this, so the upgrade is pretty moot. Its viability is solely then on the fact that its a fel spell, and even then Im sure there's simply better spells. If only it made void walkers instead of flame imps, then we're talking some real value. But as it stands, its just not up to par.

• FieselFitz's Avatar Anduin 615 669 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 5 days, 6 hours ago

Could be decent in Zoolock. Otherwise i think this will not see much play.

Challenge me ... when you're ready to duel a god!

• Brandon's Avatar Old God Fanatic 620 637 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 5 days, 6 hours ago

Definatly a zoo card, but it's WAY too slow for zoo. BUT i feel like Imp Swarm (Rank 1) has some hidden potential.. in it's Fell tag. My guess is that Warlock will get something similar to Bru'kan, a.k.a. a card that synergises with Fell tag spells. But untill we see that Imp Swarm (Rank 1) will just be a bad card. 

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Swamp 1105 2176 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Posted 5 days, 5 hours ago

What do you even do with this? It's a mediocre reload for Zoo after turn 5 but you can't really afford to hold it that long. Plague of FLames is going away too so that's out of the picture.

Maybe they'll try some whacky no-minion archetype for Warlock and this is part of it. We do have Dark Portal after all, so maybe Big Warlock is the intended deck

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• Synnr7's Avatar 565 110 Posts Joined 07/19/2019
    Posted 5 days, 3 hours ago

Definitely feels like it belongs in a no minion or big demon deck. Something to play early while not cluttering your deck with small guys. Okay reload tool as well for zoo but probably too slow. 

I do love the rank up style of spells overall though. Nice simple way to keep them relevant but this one doesn't go far enough with it's improvements. So probably only played in niche deck building restriction decks.

Casual Dragon Cardgame enthusiast. 

• GoddammitDontShootMe's Avatar Face Collector 1100 153 Posts Joined 06/03/2019
    Posted 4 days, 21 hours ago

I'm pretty certain 3 3/2s on turn 10 or later is crap. 2 after turn 5 isn't that great either. The upgrade effect just seems too weak to even bother having it.

• Pezman's Avatar Unwrapped 1430 1167 Posts Joined 06/03/2019
    Posted 3 days, 17 hours ago

It's nice and cheap, but is the board it creates really that good?

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

Remove Ads - Go Premium