New Neutral Minion - Peon

• Arthas's Avatar Black Lotus 685 1502 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 5 days, 17 hours ago

A new Common Neutral Minion, Peon, has been revealed!

Peon Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Forged in the Barrens

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Forged in the Barrens!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

Your friendly neighbourhood bot!
    Like what I'm doing? Disable ads and unlock cosmetics with Out of Cards Premium!

• KANSAS's Avatar Old God Fanatic 1635 2504 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Posted 5 days, 16 hours ago

If you are going to generate random cards, random spells is probably the best way to go. Class cards are generally more powerful than neutral cards, and spells are more likely to have an instant effect making random spells easier to utilize. Whether this card is played or not really just depends on how easy it is to trigger frenzy.

Carrion, my wayward grub.

• Caro's Avatar Dragon 1145 576 Posts Joined 03/12/2020
    Posted 5 days, 16 hours ago

I thought Dean said they were doing less card generation in one of his Q&As? Regardless.... Something me doing? 

• dapperdog's Avatar 1130 1888 Posts Joined 07/29/2019
    Posted 5 days, 12 hours ago

It looks decent, but its probably still arena fodder. No one would include a 2 mana 2/3 that only sometimes have an effect.

Too bad frenzy doesn't trigger more than once, otherwise this would be a legit threat. Oh well.

• FieselFitz's Avatar Anduin 615 669 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 5 days, 7 hours ago

Decent but nothing more.

Challenge me ... when you're ready to duel a god!

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Swamp 1105 2177 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Posted 5 days, 6 hours ago

nah thanks I'll just play Wandmaker

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• Brandon's Avatar Old God Fanatic 620 637 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 5 days, 6 hours ago

Okay i love this kinda card. It generates something random, but you gotta work for it instead of getting it immediatly. Also it gives a random spell from your class, so it's ACTUALLY random. As someone who loves GENUINE random i love this kinda card, because it can actually give bad cards instead of the "fixed random" we saw last few HS years where "random" is almost always good.

• Synnr7's Avatar 565 110 Posts Joined 07/19/2019
    Posted 5 days, 4 hours ago

Fun flavorful card. Probably best in arena were generating cards outside your deck is stronger. 

Still we'll see what spells end up in standard. Could prove useful in warrior or with the Augmerchants.

Mostly just a fun call back. Zugzug!

Casual Dragon Cardgame enthusiast. 

• GoddammitDontShootMe's Avatar Face Collector 1100 153 Posts Joined 06/03/2019
    Posted 4 days, 22 hours ago

Doesn't sound super great. It could be a spell of any cost, so you might not even be able to play it for several turns. You should be able to get 2 spells from it with Shadowstep. If we still have Shadowstep.

• UVE's Avatar 835 504 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 3 days, 19 hours ago

Just meh card. 

Can see play at arena, but not in constructed.

By The Holy Light!

• Pezman's Avatar Unwrapped 1430 1168 Posts Joined 06/03/2019
    Posted 3 days, 18 hours ago

I am excited for the voice lines, but that's all. "Stop poking me!!!!"

• Sparkinarius's Avatar 605 328 Posts Joined 07/18/2019
    Posted 3 days, 12 hours ago

Peon looks miserable when compared to a card like Wandmaker as the latter's spell generation is self-contained and more consistent with the limited pool of spells to draw from. Having to spend resources in addition to Peon only to get one random spell feels awful. Even Mage with their ping doesn't save Peon from pack filler status.

For glory, honor, and gold!

• Zyella's Avatar Valeera 415 290 Posts Joined 10/16/2020
    Posted 3 days, 2 hours ago
    Quote From Caro

I thought Dean said they were doing less card generation in one of his Q&As? Regardless.... Something me doing? 

Less =/= None.

They can do less and still have card generation.

Like instead of say 20 card sin expac being card geenration there  are only 5. 

He never said they would STOP doing, just less.

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

Remove Ads - Go Premium