New Neutral Minion - Primordial Protector

• Arthas's Avatar Black Lotus 780 1979 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

A new Epic Neutral Minion, Primordial Protector, has been revealed!

Primordial Protector Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Forged in the Barrens

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Forged in the Barrens!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

Your friendly neighbourhood bot!
    Like what I'm doing? Disable ads and unlock cosmetics with Out of Cards Premium!

• Hiei's Avatar COMMENT_COUNT_175_HS 445 198 Posts Joined 03/21/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Draw a 10 mana spell and summon deathwing yay

Murlocs <3

• Lemushki's Avatar Squirtle 835 584 Posts Joined 03/22/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Auto 5 stars, I think there is a chance this card might break the game....

Just might because it requieres a deck with some real big stuff

Lemushki - The one and only since 2006

• calipsis's Avatar Nightfall 825 152 Posts Joined 06/06/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Elemental synergy might make this preetty cool

• BigE's Avatar The Cake Is A Lie 845 392 Posts Joined 05/28/2020
    Posted 3 months ago

I suppose control decks want this. Kind of a steeldancer, which is sometimes OK. 

Maybe a survival of the Fittest Druid wants this? 

Dad Legend. Legend IV

• NerdyMcNerd's Avatar Scrambled Eggs 1085 181 Posts Joined 04/13/2020
    Posted 3 months ago

Well this is insanely overpowered. If you put enough big spells in your deck it's basically 8 mana 6/6 summon a 9 or 10 cost minion and draw a big spell.

Disclaimer: if the above is factually incorrect or complete rubbish it is definitely both intentional and  comedy genius.

• AmigoGP's Avatar 200 142 Posts Joined 03/02/2021
    Posted 3 months ago

Druid coming in hot.This and  survival of the fittest looks very disgusting.You can even cheat it out on turn 6 with lightning bloom .

• meisterz39's Avatar 740 952 Posts Joined 06/03/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Primordial Protector seems really powerful in the right deck, but it's not clear to me that a deck with huge spells also wants to run an 8 mana 6/6 - might just be too much top end to be viable.

• KANSAS's Avatar Old God Fanatic 1715 2752 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

It's similar to Spiteful Summoner, only slower and more reliable. It is 8 mana but it puts two bodies on the board and adds a card to your hand. The main problem is that it won't always have an immediate impact on the board. The spell will be too expensive to play, and the minion summoned may not be any good. 

I may be underestimating this card, but outside of ramp druid I don't see this being broken.

Carrion, my wayward grub.

• FrostyFeet's Avatar Senior Moderator Derpcorn 1740 1280 Posts Joined 10/20/2018
    Posted 3 months ago

Oh no...I really disliked Spiteful Summoner, and although this does seem slower, I still fear what could happen.

• bardozan's Avatar 380 250 Posts Joined 09/12/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Kinda like Spiteful Summoner. The text is similar, yet also different. You can add cheap spells into your deck with high-cost spells.

It is also an improvement over Spiteful to draw that high-cost spell, instead of just revealing it. That high-cost spell can be played on curve as AoE.

It doesn't provide the same tempo swing since it costs 8 mana, but still very, very solid.

OBLIVION!

• Hydrafrog's Avatar Gul'dan 1450 2218 Posts Joined 05/28/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Being able to cheat this out a few turns with The Coin and/or Lightning Bloom is sure to be annoying.  It's like Spiteful Summoner part 2.

• razor1995's Avatar 90 10 Posts Joined 02/14/2021
    Posted 3 months ago

WILD: LPG Mage maybe? This card might see play in very specific decks.

• FortyDust's Avatar Mankrik's Wife 795 1176 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 3 months ago
    Quote From AmigoGP

Druid coming in hot.This and  survival of the fittest looks very disgusting.You can even cheat it out on turn 6 with lightning bloom .

Exactly this. With two Blooms and a Coin, turn three. It's going to happen at some point.

• SilverWolf's Avatar Tauren Chieftain Addict 805 658 Posts Joined 04/01/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Very strong specific tutor and token summon despite of it's stats. 5 stars

• jacob1487's Avatar 460 216 Posts Joined 03/27/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Spiteful summoner, but with elemental support? Interesting, and I like the "highest" cost aspect, but so far as I remember, the highest shaman spell is 8?

• Elfensilver's Avatar 580 645 Posts Joined 03/14/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Looks like a card that may give rise to a new archetype akin to Spitefull decks. Mages have some elemental synergy and lots of spells, so they could very well use this. Shaman has (so far) only Tidal Wave and Runic Carvings, but it's an elementa and spell synergy so we'll probably get a ten cost spell for shaman. But the best fit would be Druid, with Survival of the FittestCenarion Ward and Guardian Animals, maybe in an Nzoth deck. Seems meta defining!

• ArrowSh0t's Avatar 160 141 Posts Joined 03/02/2021
    Posted 3 months ago

its like spiteful summoner but more cost? u draw the spell so next turn you can use it? 

• Dreams's Avatar Banned Pikachu 335 290 Posts Joined 11/05/2020
    Posted 3 months ago

Can't wait to play Primordial Druid

Banned for spamming.

• h0lysatan's Avatar Academy Sleuth 725 461 Posts Joined 12/03/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Draw a 10 mana spell and summon Darkmoon Rabbit.

Knowledge is Power

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

Remove Ads - Go Premium