New Warlock Minion - Blood Shard Bristleback

• Arthas's Avatar Black Lotus 775 1901 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 3 weeks, 2 days ago

A new Rare Warlock Minion, Blood Shard Bristleback, has been revealed!

Blood Shard Bristleback Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Forged in the Barrens

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Forged in the Barrens!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

Your friendly neighbourhood bot!
    Like what I'm doing? Disable ads and unlock cosmetics with Out of Cards Premium!

• FortyDust's Avatar Mankrik's Wife 785 1140 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

It's another ranked spell in disguise* ... I am enjoying this trend.

*a cheap card that gains additional value in the late game

• Pezman's Avatar Unwrapped 1565 1350 Posts Joined 06/03/2019

Wow this looks bad. I guess it pairs well with the new spell that burns cards from your deck? But in the late game when this will actually activate, it doesn't even go face.

• Lundy's Avatar Crossroads Historian 1060 304 Posts Joined 06/21/2019

I like it. Vanilla stats +lifesteal, but big bonus damage/healing later

• UVE's Avatar 930 649 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Looks like blizz wants to push Envoy Rustwix mechanic, but needs more shuffle/copy cards.

By The Holy Light!

• KANSAS's Avatar Old God Fanatic 1715 2710 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Quote From UVE

Looks like blizz wants to push Envoy Rustwix mechanic, but needs more shuffle/copy cards.

I don't understand what you mean, this wants you to have a small number of cards in your deck. This has direct anti-synergy with any sort of shuffle card

Carrion, my wayward grub.

• FieselFitz's Avatar Anduin 650 832 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Decent Card but not sure if this will realy see play - maybe but right now i think this will not be worth it to play over other cards.

Challenge me ... when you're ready to duel a god!

• Mawryk's Avatar 460 123 Posts Joined 06/07/2019

I don't see where this fits current Warlock game-plans.  as a generic 3/3 with life steal it is only ok.  And late-game in zoo, am I looking for minion damage or face damage?  

• Lemushki's Avatar Squirtle 830 559 Posts Joined 03/22/2019

Sacrifice warlock coming in!

Lemushki - The one and only since 2006

• Hydrafrog's Avatar Gul'dan 1445 2204 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

Nice spot removal for control variants that rely on waiting for your deck to be low.  Could also be good for 'late' game zoo when you've drawn your deck low. 

• Hiei's Avatar COMMENT_COUNT_175_HS 435 196 Posts Joined 03/21/2019

Easy effect to archive and really powerful, even without lifesteal. Its time to go back to game which lasts 1h.

Murlocs <3

• AmigoGP's Avatar 185 135 Posts Joined 03/02/2021

Maybe in control warlock with the new jaraxxus?I like the effect but until you have 10 cards left that kind of hurts ,but hey tickatus synergie if you dont corrupt it.I can just see this dead in your hand until you have 10 cards left but maybe we get more cards that help it or in the mini set later .

• BloodMefist's Avatar Content Squad Old God Fanatic 715 659 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

Really cool design! Don't think it's enough for Soul Rend to be good, but this could be slotted into Zoo or Control, since Zoo mills themselves pretty quickly and Control really likes the health boost.

• bela's Avatar 300 141 Posts Joined 01/19/2020

3 cost 3/3 lifesteral is already good enough and now if you top deck it late in the game it is also creature removel. niceeeee

• Elfensilver's Avatar 580 636 Posts Joined 03/14/2019

A good card to save you later one, but if you are already winning, this is not the card to play. So something for extreme controldecks.

• Lookwedont's Avatar Taurajo Innkeeper 340 144 Posts Joined 01/19/2020

Good effect brought down by bad condition and overall costs. The 4 mama flamestrike is great to enable this, but the fact that this only hits a minion and you hit you own minions with the other spell and likely have no board to fight with means this won't see play until either an overpowered synergy card is printed or this is adjusted to go face

• Synnr7's Avatar 640 257 Posts Joined 07/19/2019

Really like this. 3/3 life steal for 3 is alright. But the deal 6 gain 6 at the late game is nice. Warlocks can burn through their deck fast enough that this guy is likely to actually kill what he hits. 

Casual Dragon Cardgame enthusiast. 

• williethesmurf's Avatar 155 159 Posts Joined 03/02/2021

Looks quite good with the lifesteal

• aposteljoe's Avatar Hero of Warcraft 650 237 Posts Joined 06/18/2019

This is a card you don't want to have in your first 20 cards. Most of the time you will. And then it's either just a 3 mana 3/3 or has to sit in your hand the whole game. 

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Bloodfeather 1365 2571 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

Look, I really love this idea of a self-milling Warlock deck that constantly balances on the edge of life and death...but the nature of the game makes it so you just don't have control over what parts of your deck you end up destroying.

NOt to mention...Warlock has Tickatus. Tickatus will win you the game just by making your opponent die faster than you. Why would I, on top of that, want to nuke my own deck, throw away that advantage, just to get a tad of extra healing?

10 cards is not a lot. There are 30 cards in your deck. Getting down to 10 will take a while, even if you aggressively melt your own cards.

I suspect the second Warlock legendary will synergize with this in some way, but it will have to be very good to justify this playstyle.

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

Remove Ads - Go Premium