New Demon Hunter Minion - Death Speaker Blackthorn

• Arthas's Avatar Black Lotus 775 1901 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 3 weeks, 1 day ago

A new Legendary Demon Hunter Minion, Death Speaker Blackthorn, has been revealed!

Death Speaker Blackthorn Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Forged in the Barrens

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Forged in the Barrens!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

Your friendly neighbourhood bot!
    Like what I'm doing? Disable ads and unlock cosmetics with Out of Cards Premium!

• DrunkDonuuut's Avatar Crossroads Historian 195 153 Posts Joined 03/01/2021

Has great potential, if DH gets some good deathrattle support. I'd be excited to see more midrange deathrattle DH archetypes. Aggro and OTK just aren't that fun for me. 

• Fedrion's Avatar Maximum Volume 1280 498 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

Premium effect, targeted summon, incredible potential in a control shell for Wild paired with N'Zoth.

Still, I'm not convinced with DR DH.

Papa Nurgle wants to share his gifts.

• Trimutius's Avatar Supporter 1380 1957 Posts Joined 03/16/2019

What is this??? Can't they show us at least one good deathrattle, or are they saving those for final stream???

I am envoy from nowhere in nowhere. Nobody and nothing have sent me. And even though it is impossible I exist. ©Trimutius

• NebuchadnezzarHS's Avatar Face Collector 1325 489 Posts Joined 06/14/2019

Ok, now Demon Hunter gets the ability to summon minions from their deck, great.

By the end of this year DH is probably able to do everything that is unique for all other classes in HS, wonderful.

NOT!

• mayhern's Avatar Wizard 335 284 Posts Joined 07/26/2019

More support for deathrattle DH. Let's hope we get some other cards for this archetype

• Inf4mous's Avatar Vampire 570 139 Posts Joined 07/09/2019

Potentially dearhrattle DH decks? 

• meisterz39's Avatar 730 949 Posts Joined 06/03/2019

There's still plenty of time to see more good deathrattles come out for Demon Hunter (or just Neutral cards), so I want to reserve some judgement on the whole Deathrattle package here, but right now it just seems kind of silly.

But what's the best case scenario here so far? Maybe Al'ar or Taelan Fordring or Renowned Performer or Disguised Wanderer or Fishy Flyer? Cheating cards out is pretty valuable, so maybe that gets over the fact that most of these deathrattles they have today are just pretty weak.

With Baron Rivendare in Standard, it's very possible that you only need a couple of good deathrattles to make this package work, but it seems low power.

• dapperdog's Avatar Dragon Scholar 1310 2272 Posts Joined 07/29/2019

The fact that its a battlecry and specifically recruits minions from your deck means that this card will at some point see play.

Im convinced that here has to be better cards down the line for this card to exist. Hopefully theres at least a taunt, because without it this card is absolutely just unplayable for the most part.

Reminds me of Soulciologist Malicia, and that's the high bar this card has to got reach to be good enough.

• Lemushki's Avatar Squirtle 830 559 Posts Joined 03/22/2019

This Deathrattle DH is becoming more amazing every time I check!

Lemushki - The one and only since 2006

• Pezman's Avatar Unwrapped 1565 1350 Posts Joined 06/03/2019

A new playstyle for DH is coming together slowly. We've now seen a card that summons DR's from hand, and one that summons them from the deck, and a card that draw them. There is a lot of flexibility here. Without even seeing some insanely powerful new DR cards, just look at things like Scrapyard Colossus

• CardStone's Avatar 105 40 Posts Joined 03/01/2021

Hard to know how good it is until we see some DR cards.

Also DH being a DR class it´s just weird...

• ArcyroX's Avatar Uther 430 154 Posts Joined 06/01/2019

this has potential. But I would not play this with Razorfen Beastmaster.

• Lookwedont's Avatar Taurajo Innkeeper 340 144 Posts Joined 01/19/2020

This is not the payoff you want for the archetype. Terrible.

• ElSabidon's Avatar Salty Dog 635 536 Posts Joined 06/07/2019

This is strong. Even if the Deathrattle pool we have right now isn't that impressive, even pulling out 2 Fishy Flyers and a Renowned Performer is an insane tempo swing with 11 fast damage scattered through 3 bodies that will leave a lot of board presence behind and refill your hand.

While I'm not sure Death Speaker Blackthorn will be top tier imediately, because DH doesn't have the top tier deathrattles for it right now, I can expect him to have at least a bit of time under the spotlight over the two years he'll be in standard.

Rating cards on coolness factor rather than predicting power because I like screwing up rating averages (and because I suck at predicting real power levels, but we'll ignore that LUL)
    Wins per class (26/Mar/21): Demon Hunter - 93; Druid - 895Hunter - 878; Mage - 980; Paladin - 1027; Priest - 651; Rogue - 926; Shaman - 933; Warlock - 741; Warrior - 751

• BigE's Avatar The Cake Is A Lie 830 364 Posts Joined 05/28/2020

What is this? Where am I? Who are you? 

Dad Legend. Legend IV

• slychd's Avatar Sparklepony 1145 482 Posts Joined 05/30/2019

I think I can see the writing on the wall, Death Rattle Demon Hunter is being pushed now.

• Osh92's Avatar 435 208 Posts Joined 07/03/2019

I hope, deathrattle DH will not end up like freeze shaman...

• Sirgeekalot's Avatar Rexxar 220 139 Posts Joined 01/24/2021

again with the deathrattle DH. have to assume deathrattle minions are incoming at this point

• KanzakiGin's Avatar Mankrik 675 155 Posts Joined 03/02/2021

DR DH Here I come

Rogue DH

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

Remove Ads - Go Premium