New Neutral Minion - Kargal Battlescar

• Arthas's Avatar Black Lotus 780 1986 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

A new Legendary Neutral Minion, Kargal Battlescar, has been revealed!

Kargal Battlescar Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Forged in the Barrens

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Forged in the Barrens!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

Your friendly neighbourhood bot!
    Like what I'm doing? Disable ads and unlock cosmetics with Out of Cards Premium!

• theo333's Avatar Outlandish Rager 755 551 Posts Joined 03/29/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Watch Post meta? Paladin maybe?

• NebuchadnezzarHS's Avatar Face Collector 1355 550 Posts Joined 06/14/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Interesting card, seems kinda slow though.

"If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck... but not always though."

• Trimutius's Avatar 1440 2023 Posts Joined 03/16/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Watch posts seem too slow and too weird.

I am envoy from nowhere in nowhere. Nobody and nothing have sent me. And even though it is impossible I exist. ©Trimutius

• BigE's Avatar The Cake Is A Lie 845 392 Posts Joined 05/28/2020
    Posted 3 months ago

Agreed. But everything seems like it's slowing down, and we're going to ram minions into each other a lot. 

Let's get weird.

Dad Legend. Legend IV

• DrunkDonuuut's Avatar Crossroads Historian 195 158 Posts Joined 03/01/2021
    Posted 3 months ago

hmmm, I don't see how this can work. Summoning a bunch of 5/5s with no rush? It doesn't do anything to the board immediately. It's mush weaker than Souciologist Malicia, who has a similar summoning effects, is easier to trigger, and the 3/3s can fight back the board. 

• Lemushki's Avatar Squirtle 835 584 Posts Joined 03/22/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

This will be awkward. But I played in the right deck might be great

Lemushki - The one and only since 2006

• slychd's Avatar Sparklepony 1145 484 Posts Joined 05/30/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

I don't see big things for this right now but we might all be sick of this one by the end of the year if the watch posts carry through expansions.

• shky's Avatar Vampire 680 169 Posts Joined 06/25/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

right now it can summon only 5 5/5 (himself + 4) unless we see more watch posts

• mayhern's Avatar Wizard 335 288 Posts Joined 07/26/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Interesting design but you have to build the deck around it. Not sure if it will be played

• burgoskid's Avatar 210 218 Posts Joined 03/02/2021
    Posted 3 months ago

Do the watch posts have to be active on board for the summons to occur? Or is it as long as you played a tower any time in the game?

• Sparkinarius's Avatar Crossroads Historian 710 471 Posts Joined 07/18/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

The watch posts seem more efficient as tech cards rather than standalone minions, so it seems weird to build your deck around these tech cards for this one payoff (that we know of so far). On top of this, Kargal Battlescar is just a stat dump with no immediacy. I'd much rather play Soulciologist Malicia than Kargal as Malicia's souls are more impactful haivng rush, despite -2/-2 in stats. We may get more watch post synergy down the line, but again, I don't know how a deck built around these tech card effects consistently win games.

For glory, honor, and gold!

• Pezman's Avatar Academy Adventurer 1635 1410 Posts Joined 06/03/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Clearly the watchtowers are not good enough on their own, so you need something like this to justify putting them in your deck. All combined, plus some other synergies we haven't thought of yet, there could be some real potential here. 

• Lookwedont's Avatar Taurajo Innkeeper 340 145 Posts Joined 01/19/2020
    Posted 3 months ago

Fun card. Feels good with the outpost package.

• meisterz39's Avatar 740 952 Posts Joined 06/03/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

The dream deck for Kargal Battlescar is something like Kargal Taunt Druid, where you use various buffs (e.g. Ironbark, Mark of the Spikeshell, Germination, and maybe even Mark of the Wild) to summon a bunch of Watch Posts and charge up your Kargal battlecry.

Granting them taunt effectively gets around the "Can't attack" issue, and once the Watch Posts have taunt, your opponent will have to interact with them, which will help get value out of the effects. But the big payoff for investing so much into those Watch Posts is a slightly worse Chef Nomi, so that's probably way too much work for the payoff.

• Horus's Avatar Mankrik's Wife 2020 2151 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Okay, now seeing the full picture with that one and the 2 posts revealed, but it seems like a big commitment to have all of those in your decks, plus have at least 2-3 played to get somewhat of value out of that Battlecry ; my head says too slow, but my heart wants to make it work!

Struggle with Heroic Galakrond's Awakening? I got your back : 

• dembro's Avatar Peon 365 312 Posts Joined 03/31/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Oh no, you drop this and summon ~2 (on average?) 5/5s that don't do anything for one turn! Also, the Watch Towers you have to play can't attack, so the funniest (for your opponent) situation would be keeping 4 of your Watch Towers alive so Kargal can't even summon his full value of 4 Lookouts. And the dude is a 7 Mana 5/5 himself! Nah, pass. 

• darkoprk's Avatar Magma Rager 345 151 Posts Joined 03/02/2021
    Posted 3 months ago

With enough support cards this could actually be a decent card

• Me0203's Avatar 640 348 Posts Joined 06/13/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Everything that Spark said here is what I scrolled down to type. Kargal Battlescar is an odd way to build a payoff. The watch posts aren't cheap. They're not Mogu Cultists. They're not even Weasel Tunnelers. They're relatively expensive to copy and they're tech cards. 

While the flavor of summoning oodles of watch posts is top tier, the mechanics and payoffs of doing so are weirdly shaped. Hopefully we'll see more cards for this mini set - maybe in the mini set!

Better call Thrall!

• BloodMefist's Avatar Content Squad Old God Fanatic 720 664 Posts Joined 05/28/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Gonna need some better Watch Posts than the ones we've seen so far. Maybe its a mechanic that persists through the year.

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

Remove Ads - Go Premium