New Rogue Weapon - Swinetusk Shank

• Arthas's Avatar Black Lotus 780 1979 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

A new Epic Rogue Weapon, Swinetusk Shank, has been revealed!

Swinetusk Shank Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Forged in the Barrens

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Forged in the Barrens!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

Your friendly neighbourhood bot!
    Like what I'm doing? Disable ads and unlock cosmetics with Out of Cards Premium!

• JoeyJojo48's Avatar Peon 605 230 Posts Joined 06/11/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

This scales really well and can get very scary very fast

• Kossrocks's Avatar 405 143 Posts Joined 11/15/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Due to Self-Sharpening Sword this won't see play

• CardStone's Avatar 105 41 Posts Joined 03/01/2021
    Posted 3 months ago

Inc SSS nerf to force us to play this.

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Bloodfeather 1400 2818 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

I'm guessing the 2nd Rogue legendary will involve Poisons

I guess this just makes value Rogue possible by virtue of giving you a longterm weapon with immune.

What the win condition of that deck would be is anyone's guess though

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• Trimutius's Avatar 1440 2023 Posts Joined 03/16/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

I can see this replacing Self-Sharpening Sword, but not sure if it will, it certainly can gain more durability if you buff weapon enough

I am envoy from nowhere in nowhere. Nobody and nothing have sent me. And even though it is impossible I exist. ©Trimutius

• Pezman's Avatar Academy Adventurer 1635 1410 Posts Joined 06/03/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

We need to know for sure what counts as a poison and what doesn't. If it's every card with poison in it's name, this will be OP. Way better than SSS.

• aposteljoe's Avatar Hero of Warcraft 665 284 Posts Joined 06/18/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

What is a poison?

• Tumbleweedovski's Avatar Explorer of Dragons 1070 318 Posts Joined 06/12/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Deadly Poison, Nitroboost Poison, Leeching Poison and Paralytic Poison are all the poisons in the game so far. I find it hard to imagine this including Swinetusk Shank being a package in rogue decks.

Arena > Wild > Standard

• FrostyFeet's Avatar Senior Moderator Derpcorn 1740 1280 Posts Joined 10/20/2018
    Posted 3 months ago

It's quite confusing why they would print this when SSS is still in Standard. It would've seemed like quite a solid successor but now there's a lot of competition for that 3-mana weapon slot and this one could well lose that fight.

For achievement hunters, Celestalon teased about an achievement that requires using multiple different poisons on this.

• darkoprk's Avatar Magma Rager 345 151 Posts Joined 03/02/2021
    Posted 3 months ago

This will definitely see play in Standard not so much wild

• PetiteMouche's Avatar 75 32 Posts Joined 03/18/2021
    Posted 3 months ago

Why replace Self-Sharpening Sword when you can play both ?

Swinetusk Shank is like the sword in that it's (probably) a very high win rate card especially played on curve, Rogue has no tutor for weapons in standard, it can't hurt the deck to double your odds of drawing a win condition.

• Grumpy000's Avatar 1325 720 Posts Joined 06/06/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

there are better weapons

I am 68 years old and still reach Legend

• theo333's Avatar Outlandish Rager 755 551 Posts Joined 03/29/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

The new Kingsbane

• KanzakiGin's Avatar Mankrik 675 155 Posts Joined 03/02/2021
    Posted 3 months ago

nice addition

Rogue DH

• Caro's Avatar Dragon 1350 871 Posts Joined 03/12/2020
    Posted 3 months ago

I like the design of the card, where it encourages you to add certain cards to your deck, in a thematic sense. It may see play if SSS is nerfed to 4 mana or something, would be fun to use if that does happen. 

• PetiteMouche's Avatar 75 32 Posts Joined 03/18/2021
    Posted 3 months ago
    Quote From Tumbleweedovski

Deadly Poison, Nitroboost Poison, Leeching Poison and Paralytic Poison are all the poisons in the game so far. I find it hard to imagine this including Swinetusk Shank being a package in rogue decks.

Deadly and Nitroboost already see play. Paralytic was on the verge and is now confirmed to see play due to Swinetusk shank. They're all 1 mana spells that are extremely easy to cycle for rogue and these cards combined are up to +6 durability on swinetusk, meaning Paralytic alone can go up to +8 damage (only +4 on SSS) it won't hit quite as hard as SSS, but it will last much longer, and sometimes you don't draw your SSS, or you get it removed by ooze/harisson, and you'll be happy to have Swinetusk on the back.

Now if you ask me what cards you need to replace for Paralytic and Swinetusk, I don't know, but people will figure it out eventually, in my opinion they are totally worth the slot and will improve aggro rogue. It must be losing some cards due to rotation anyway.

• bardozan's Avatar 380 250 Posts Joined 09/12/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Self-Sharpening Sword deals 1+2+3+4 damage, a total of 10 damage. This card, buffed to 4 durability, deals 8 damage total, but there is a possibility to gain more durabilities. It would deal more damage overtime. Interesting to consider.

OBLIVION!

• FortyDust's Avatar Mankrik's Wife 795 1176 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Suddenly Paralytic Poison seems less bad.

But literally every weapon in the game is bad compared to SSS.

if weapon != SelfSharpeningSword then discard(weapon)

Get back to me after they knock a durability off of SSS.

• Elfensilver's Avatar 580 645 Posts Joined 03/14/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Well, they came out in different years, so SSS will rotate sooner, giving this a turn. But right now there are not enough poisons to make a dedicated deck out of this (pick your poison) But it already seems playable!

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

Remove Ads - Go Premium