1,000 Win Portrait Rewards

• sinti's Avatar Global Moderator Dr. Boom 535 825 Posts Joined 10/20/2018
    Posted 1 week ago

Just a quick recap of the new Hero Portraits for anyone who hasnt seen them yet. We will have them implemented properly later.

• Shan'do Malfurion
    • Wanderer Rexxar
    • Fire Mage Jaina
    • Lightforged Uther
    • King Anduin
    • Cap'n Valeera
    • Warchief Thrall
    • Shadow Gul'dan
    • Corrupt Garrosh

~ Have an idea? Found a bug? Let us know! ~
    ~ Join us on Discord ~

• duppie's Avatar 145 107 Posts Joined 04/02/2019
    Posted 1 week ago

These are all super nice.  I've only been playing a little over a year and I don't have 1k wins yet but i'm grinding towards the shaman one since its my main class.  

I really like warrior, rogue, mage in particular.  

• Fedrion's Avatar 195 30 Posts Joined 05/28/2019
    Posted 1 week ago

Rexxar looking at Valeera: "WTF? Why she's a pirate?"

Now seriously, why is Valeera a pirate, and why does Rexxar has that "WTF" face...

The rest of them, look sick af.

"No time to lose now! Oh... Wait, we can always rewind."

• ArngrimUndying's Avatar Jaina 250 121 Posts Joined 06/11/2019
    Posted 1 week ago

Definitive, not-at-all-subjective rankings:

1. Gul'dan - Best

2. Thrall

3. Malfurion

4. Garrosh

5 & 6. Uther & Jaina - Tie

7. Aduin

8. Valeera

9-99. Being hit by a bus

100. Rexxar

Regardless of the art, it is nice to see some "long-term goals" stuff coming in. Here's hoping a real achievement system (with gold/dust/card rewards!) is coming next...

• Ibarrai's Avatar Derpcorn 155 16 Posts Joined 04/01/2019
    Posted 1 week ago

100% agree with you, the Derp-xxar portrait is horrible.

Always rank 20.

• Ethardoth's Avatar Pikachu 70 20 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 1 week ago

I actually really like pirate Valeera, guess that's because I like pirate tribe mostly, but she's well designed. 

Regular golden Rexxar is much better than this new version, really a letdown in my opinion.

• GerritDeMan's Avatar 130 59 Posts Joined 05/28/2019
    Posted 1 week ago

I don't really like the original Jaina portrait but I think she looks amazing on this one. Valeera and to some extent Rexxar on the other hand look kinda weird on these to me.

• Avalon's Avatar 320 295 Posts Joined 06/12/2019
    Posted 1 week ago

I just don't get why they brought Corrupt Garrosh: is this a wow lore reference I'm too dumb to understand?

Rexxar's face seems to come from the Looney Toons 

• MalcolmReynolds's Avatar HearthStationeer 490 661 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Posted 1 week ago

I am a little disappointing in these new portraits. 

I really want to like them because their sole purpose is to be better than the ones we have now. but I don't actually like most of them.

They all look a bit to animated and digital to me, I would prefer something with more texture and feel to it. Gul'dan looks absolutely wonderful, thrall and uther are also pretty good, but all the others are just way to over done and it makes them looks like dumb cartoon characters, especially garosh and raxxar.

I'd hate to be that guy, but these new portraits are bad. I just hope that there will be an option to change from the new portraits to the old ones.

Take my love, take my land, take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

• AngryShuckie's Avatar 225 50 Posts Joined 06/03/2019
    Posted 1 week ago
    Quote From Avalon

I just don't get why they brought Corrupt Garrosh: is this a wow lore reference I'm too dumb to understand?

Rexxar's face seems to come from the Looney Toons 

Garrosh is a reference to WoW yes. You fight him corrupted by the heart of Y'Shaarj at the end of Mists of Pandaria. Other changes referencing WoW and Warcraft more widely include Jaina's new clothes and hair style (not the fire mage bit though), Anduin wearing armour as King, and Thrall in his Warcraft 3 (and early WoW?) armour.

Valeera certainly isn't a reference to anything in Warcraft canon (pun intended), but I'm super happy with her as I have been waiting for a pirate rogue hero for ages.

• YogoWafel's Avatar 30 3 Posts Joined 06/13/2019
    Posted 1 week ago

Rexxar looks really stupid. The rest is ok/good, with Malfurion, Guldan and Garrosh being the best ones.

• Bigt's Avatar 55 9 Posts Joined 07/22/2019
    Posted 1 week ago

My wild odd pirate rouge says yes

• Hydrafrog's Avatar 280 162 Posts Joined 05/28/2019
    Posted 1 week ago
    Quote From ArngrimUndying

Definitive, not-at-all-subjective rankings:

1. Gul'dan - Best

2. Thrall

3. Malfurion

4. Garrosh

5 & 6. Uther & Jaina - Tie

7. Aduin

8. Valeera

9-99. Being hit by a bus

100. Rexxar

Regardless of the art, it is nice to see some "long-term goals" stuff coming in. Here's hoping a real achievement system (with gold/dust/card rewards!) is coming next...

I laughed harder at this than I should have. 

• Kovachut's Avatar HearthStationeer 525 607 Posts Joined 03/31/2019
    Posted 1 week ago

As a warlock player with no alternative skins, I am exceptionally grateful to see my class getting one of the most badass 1000-win portraits. Imho almost all of them look sick (Garrosh is my other favourite, but warrior is one of my least played classes) with the exception of Rexxar.

13 11080 2247 33
    by Kovachut 1 month, 1 week ago
    17 12540 2177 10

• Horus's Avatar Lava Coil 505 508 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 1 week ago
    Quote From Kovachut

As a warlock player with no alternative skins, I am exceptionally grateful to see my class getting one of the most badass 1000-win portraits. Imho almost all of them look sick (Garrosh is my other favourite, but warrior is one of my least played classes) with the exception of Rexxar.

I agree with you on the warlock being the nicest and the Derpxxar exception part as well, but beg to differs on Warrior ... It seems - thematically at least - to be very off ; Any old artwork with Garrosh looking all armored-up and ready to fight would have been better. Still, not as awful as poor mentally challenged Rexx. They should have added drooling at this point

'' When I was your age, Pluto was a planet. '' -Unknown

• GoliathTheDwarf's Avatar Content Squad 310 190 Posts Joined 05/28/2019
    Posted 1 week ago

Yes, this is Garrosh in his corrupted form during the Siege of Orgrimar raid where he absorbed the heart of Y'shragg as a last resort to hold on to his power against the rebels.

Lorekeeper and spinner of tavern tales

• MalcolmReynolds's Avatar HearthStationeer 490 661 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Posted 1 week ago

I know a lot of people think rexxar is the worst, but to me, Garosh is the worst.

He is a bright pinkish/redish/brownish bald guy with neon blue spikes. I understand it is his corrupted form but honestly, he looks like an idiot. I mean, at least rexxar is funny.

Take my love, take my land, take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

• ArchSpike's Avatar 170 34 Posts Joined 06/24/2019
    Posted 6 days, 23 hours ago

I am rather disappointed that the heroes get no new voicelines whatsoever with the portrait. Having a "King Anduin" speak in the boyish voice "I won't let you down" just seems out of place.

• Xarkkal's Avatar HearthStationeer 390 333 Posts Joined 03/29/2019
    Posted 6 days, 20 hours ago

Hunter is my main and closest to 1000 wins... so disappointed to see his portrait...

• ShotgunSoul's Avatar 140 92 Posts Joined 06/04/2019
    Posted 6 days, 20 hours ago

Gul'dan.

DAT CODPIECE.

Once you see it ... you can't take it seriously. Especially with his hand gestures. I picture an old orc talking about his prostate exam.

"First the doc grabs your package like this, and then they put their other hand ..."

• RavenSunHS's Avatar Swamp 380 672 Posts Joined 03/27/2019
    Posted 6 days, 19 hours ago

I don't mind Rexxar tbh. If anything, the colouring is much superior to the Basic portrait, and lines are more proportionate.

What i don't like so much is Uther: he looks less "epic" than the Basic portrait.

And Anduin's nearly identical to its Basic rendering.

Gul'dan wins my chart, but my Warlock counter is too low, and the best Warlock decks atm are not my cup of tea.

• anchorm4n's Avatar HearthStationeer 280 184 Posts Joined 03/13/2019
    Posted 6 days, 19 hours ago

Wow. By far the worst letdown in a while... I was so looking forward to these skins and then this. I have hunter at 820 wins but using this new portrait would be almost embarrassing. My second best class is mage with 800, but I bought the Medivh skin three years ago which is just straight out better. Also: Jainas cleavage  now is so flat, it looks in wrong proportion to her shoulders. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t care about sexyness in a card game, but this is neither consistent with the standard portrait nor with the mentioned proportions. Her shoulders seem to be a lot wider than the rest of her upper body half. No new voice lines? That’s just lazy

Blizzard should have known that these portraits are of paramount importance for long time players and still fucked up. I’m back to farming golden portraits.

Double the pride, double the fall.

• Duke's Avatar 60 19 Posts Joined 05/31/2019
    Posted 6 days, 18 hours ago

Warlock has Nemsy. I'm very fond of her and she is still easy to get. 

I am also very much disappointed in the use of the old voicelines which is definitely just lazy. Anduin is boring af with or without the 1000 wins. 

But meh, probably for most of the blizzard fanbois the new portrait doesn't have to be nice on its own. It's just for showing off purposes I suppose. 

• CableKnight's Avatar Content Squad Rexxar 285 126 Posts Joined 03/14/2019
    Posted 6 days, 18 hours ago

Garrosh, Uther, and Jaina are all awesome, not really motivated to grind too much for the other ones.

Gosh dang it, cards bad.

• Korialstrasz's Avatar Supporter 135 20 Posts Joined 03/24/2019
    Posted 6 days, 17 hours ago

Hunter is the only class I have over 2k wins with and this portrait is pretty lame man:/

On the other hand Thrall and Malfurion are fucken epic!

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.