Remove Ads - Go Premium

Sea Monsters

• sto650's Avatar Santa Braum 260 252 Posts Joined 03/30/2019
    Posted 1 month ago

I am brand new to the game, less than 2 weeks played, but I did some looking around and decided on Sea Monsters as my first real deck. It took some serious learning and experimentation with the list before I got it to a point that I feel comfortable with. Since I'm so new and my collection is lacking, I incorporated the must-haves and other things that I happened to already have, along with copious amounts of removal, and wound up with a bit of a frankenstein monster of a deck. But it has been working, so I thought I would share and see if anyone else around here is playing this deck and if they have any pointers.

• OldManSanns's Avatar Explorer of Dragons 415 518 Posts Joined 08/05/2019
    Posted 1 month ago

Pretty good decklist--it's actually really close to the current most popular deep decklist. 

• Ruination is a bit odd--there is only a small window between when you have enough mana to cast and when you're deep and wouldn't just prefer a sea monster
    • Since you're new I assume you're resource-constrained, but definitely triple up on Nautilus and Jaull when you can
    • Lure is OK as a budget-minded placeholder, but it just isn't a strong card.  Pre-deep you'd prefer something that will help you toss and/or survive; post-deep you just want Nautilus and sea monsters. 
  • sto650's Avatar Santa Braum 260 252 Posts Joined 03/30/2019
    Posted 3 weeks, 3 days ago

Thanks for the comments! I did get a third nautilus since this post, and cleaned up some other aspects as well. 

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

Remove Ads - Go Premium