- Reno NewBorn Mage (Miracles of Reno & Khadgar)
Reno NewBorn Mage (Miracles of Reno & Khadgar)Last updated 1 year, 5 months ago
- Archetype Reno Mage
- Format Wild
- Deck Type Ranked
- Views 1466
- Crafting Cost 21820
- Your Cost 21820
A Reno deck with Khadgar? You are not dreaming, a miracle is born right there: Reno Newborn Mage. I named the deck as Reno Newborn Mage because you will give birth to lots of minions, and endless Miracle/Summon shenanigans you will see along the way.
(Miracles can happen with Dragon Paladin!)
HOW TO PLAY?
You need to follow two main tactics:
1. Miracle: In Hearthstone, Miracle strategies rely on utilizing lots of spells for something good. In this deck, you need to do...
- Celestial Emissary+Blast Wave combo to generate spells for Preparation of Miracle strategy.
- Then, discount these spells with Leyline Manipulator/Emperor Thaurissan.
- If all goes well according to the plan, play your Miracle cards, which are Exotic Mountseller/Vex Crow...
- Then, play discounted spells to hope for Miracles. Don't forget, Miracles can happen.
2. Summon: Don't worry, Miracles don't end here. Khadgar will show you that all is not lost. Have a look at some shenanigans:
- Khadgar + Unexpected Results = Best opening on turn 5. Five minions on turn 5, so give your opponent a high five :D
- Khadgar + Archmage Vargoth>>Molten Reflection = Fill your board with Vargoths and Khadgars, which can be far more disgusting than Big Priest outplays if not dealt next turn, I will tell you that much.
- Khadgar + Kazakus Summon Potions = If you get 10-Mana potion(s), discount them before playing with Khadgar to refill your board.
(All is not lost, always believe in Miracles!)
WHAT TO DO?
I advise you to read this part if you want to learn the basics of Summon/Miracle strategies better. In order to do so, we need to have a look at some cards:
- Archmage Vargoth: In this deck, he acts as 2nd Khadgar. With a tick of Emperor Thaurissan for convenience, if you play Power of Creation/Firelands Portal, you will see what I mean.
- Brann Bronzebeard: Similar to Vargoth, he acts as 3rd Khadgar. Some Summon cards are Battlecry, playing Astromancer/Jan'alai/Faceless Summoner with Brann can be devastating.
- Mana Cyclone: After Celestial Emissary+Blast Wave combo and hard-discount with Leyline Manipulator/Emperor Thaurissan, you need to cycle your spells. When you played Exotic Mountseller or Vex Crow, play your discounted spells. Then, play your Cyclone at the end to recover your spells to try another Miracle.
- Hex Lord Malacrass: Play him to retrieve your Summon/Miracle cards whenever possible, so that you can try again.
- Frost Lich Jaina: When you played her alongside Brann/Khadgar, another Water Elemental will be summoned. However, your Hero Power can't summon extra Water Elemental while Khadgar is on-board, keep that in mind.
- Celestial Emissary: You can boost the power of Blast Wave to generate more spells, even better with Brann. There is also another reason why this card is useful: Brann+Celestial+Unexpected Results = Power of Creation but any 6-Mana Minions (Trade Prince Gallywix says hello!)
Don't you have some cards? Then, have a look at the table:
With reasons for replacements down below:
- Jan'alai, the Dragonhawk: It's alright if you don't have her. You can replace this cute birdie and its sprirt with Mountain Giant and Conjurer's Calling to abuse well-known Summon strategy hard, which can be bested with Khadgar.
- Brann Bronzebeard: Whatever your reason may be, I recommend to add him into your collection because he is very versatile. However, if you can't have him for some reason, replace him with any card. I personally prefer Archmage Arugal if you have him because having an extra copy of a Summon minion can turn the tides around.
- Stargazer Luna: It's alright if you don't have her. Any "card-draw" card should do the trick but I prefer Raven Familiar because of the Big Spell synergies this deck has.
- Exotic Mountseller: If you feel that you can't utilize her well, swap her with any card. Maybe our Miracle King, Yogg, will serve you well.
That's all for this deck. If you have any questions, ask me right away. Have fun in Wild format!
Vote On This Deck!
Enjoy this deck guide? Help others find it and show your support to the author by giving it an upvote!8
- 2 Celestial Emissary x 1
- 2 Khadgar x 1
- 2 Mana Cyclone x 1
- 2 Spirit of the Dragonhawk x 1
- 3 Stargazer Luna x 1
- 3 Unexpected Results x 1
- 4 Kazakus x 1
- 4 Leyline Manipulator x 1
- 4 Molten Reflection x 1
- 4 Polymorph x 1
- 4 Vex Crow x 1
- 5 Blast Wave x 1
- 5 Dragon's Fury x 1
- 6 Faceless Summoner x 1
- 6 Meteor x 1
- 7 Astromancer x 1
- 7 Firelands Portal x 1
- 7 Flamestrike x 1
- 7 Jan'alai, the Dragonhawk x 1
- 8 Hex Lord Malacrass x 1
- 8 Power of Creation x 1
- 9 Frost Lich Jaina x 1