- Unknown Demon Hunter
The final month of Forge in the Barrens meta has been very stale and boring. I no longer bothered to reach legend and just stayed at Diamond 5, and I have just been playing meme decks in Standard, Wild and Battlegrounds this past few weeks.
While I was looking for meme decks, I came across this bonkers Autocomplete Hunter Wild deck by Keith Numbers. It featured Kazakus, Golem Shaper and worked really well for me at Wild D5. That's when I realized, since Kazakus GS is a pretty viable card in wild, it should be the same for standard. I then started playing with Homebrewed DH and Hunter Kazakus decks on standard. I'm at 50% winrate with the current homebrewed Kazakus DH I'm using right now. It's the base I used for this Theorycrafted deck. I just removed the least optimal cards and replaced it with the Fel package.
Only if it's the rightmost: Eye Beam
Strategies to help you win:
1. The most obvious one: Perfect 1(hero power is fine)-2-3 curve then Turn 4 Kazakus. Turn 5 Golem. Can be game winning.
2. Nobleman,. Most of your cards are cheap. It can be easy to run out cards by turn 6 or 7. This means, Nobleman is more likely to duplicate a high value card like Jace, Roame, or Golems. And even if you don't it's likely to hit something good since all cards in your deck are good.
3. Stiltstepper is best played turn 6 or later as most of your cards costs less than 4 mana (thanks to Kazakus' limitation).
4. Cornelius Roame. Refill your hand when you run out of gas. Likely to happen since you have a lot of cheap cards.
6. Felsteel Executioner is 12 damage in three turns. 15 with hero power. Very good card when trying to race.
7. Against token, minion/board-based decks, the Fel package can be devastating. I have been saved by Eye Beam countless times with my previous homebrew.
9. Another obvious one. Jace Darkweaver's battlecry.
Venomous Scorpid - Good value card and is a very problematic card for your opponent to remove. But there are other good 3 drops to consider like Mankrik, Devouring Ectoplasm, Brightwing (if you're feeling meme-y), Archdruid Naralex (not sure about this) or Flightmaster Dungar (not sure about this).
Vote On This Deck!
Enjoy this deck guide? Help others find it and show your support to the author by giving it an upvote!4