- Deathspeaker Geist Warlock
- Unknown Warlock
Hello everyone! I decided to make a deck with guide for one of my favorite and most often played meme decks.
Before we start I have to acknowledge the use of Drakkari Enchanter in the deck and that it is now required for the combo to be discounted enough due to the stealth nerf or correction (however you choose to view it) of Summoning Portal no longer reducing minions to 0 mana if they had been discounted by Thaurassian first (This is how the two cards have interacted since Black Rock Mountain). Anyway, on to the guide.
What is the combo?
- Setup the mana discount with Emperor Thaurissan and Drakkari Enchanter with at least 7 mana worth of combo pieces being double discounted.
- Play out your Knife Juggler, Tuskarr Fisherman, Necrotic Geist, and Deathspeaker minions. The order doesn't matter, nor do the targets, so long as you make your Knife Juggler and Necrotic Geist immune due to Deathspeaker's battlecries AND also use your Tuskarr Fisherman battlecry buffs on Juggler, Geist, or both.
- Lastly, play Defile and enjoy the hilarity of your opponent being slowly daggered to death (Note: Animations will continue long after your opponent is dead until Defile hits its 14 proc limit ;) )
You're going to want to stall out the game with cheesed out demons via Voidcaller and Skull of the Man'ari, clearing aggressive boards with Defiles and Hellfires (while hopefully buffing up spellstones for additional survivability), and finding a time when you can safely setup your mana discount play for the combo (this turn is awkward since it is essentially a 9 mana 'Do nothing' turn). Bloodreaver Gul'dan can be an alternate win condition, but honestly you gotta do it for the memes instead of a boring win. I've purposefully drawn out games or made misplays just to instead win with the combo ;P
Against aggro or midrange mulligan for Defile, Doomsayer, Hellfire (with coin and if it is a token-based deck), Tar Creeper, Voidcaller, and/or Kobold Librarian.
Against control, combo, or otk mulligan for Kobold Librarian, Voidcaller, Skull of the Man'ari, Lesser Amethyst Spellstone, or even Mal'Ganis/Voidlord if you have a mana cheese Voidcaller/Skull in hand already.
Always toss your 6+ mana cards (if you don't have Voidcaller or Skull) or any combo pieces.
Tips & Tricks:
- Your combo will not work without both Tuskarr Fisherman buffs, allowing Defile to deal 3 damage per proc to kill your board & secure the proc chain, unless you can happen to manage to manipulate your opponent's minion health with Knife Juggler so that stray daggers can whittle an enemy minion down to 2 health. This is good to keep in mind if for some reason you have every piece except the other fisherman and you will die next turn, or if it gets milled earlier in the game.
- Skull of the Man'ari summons a demon from your hand before you draw at the start of your turn. Since this deck is very life tap oriented for fast cycling knowing this little tip will allow you to sometimes tap up to 10 mana and allow skull to summon a demon from hand without you milling (barring weapon removal of course).
- As was mentioned in the last bullet point, tap often. This is a massive 9 card meme combo so you're going to have plenty of dead draws. Against match-ups where you can afford to you need to be tapping constantly.
Vote On This Deck!
Enjoy this deck guide? Help others find it and show your support to the author by giving it an upvote!0