League of Explorers Card Spoilers & Expansion Guide
Treasures and relics await us behind dangerous traps in Hearthstone's third adventure, League of Explorers. It released on November 12th 2015 - Patch Notes
Embark on a journey with the League through ancient ruins and dangerous jungles. 45 new collectible cards are available in this adventure.
- 13 Bosses - Plenty of challenging encounters await on your quest for new cards
- 4 Wings - Each with a new set of opponents to overcome and treasures to claim.
- 9 Class Challenges - A new class card is obtainable by completing the challenge for each.
- Earn Rewards - Defeat all bosses and challenges to add the whole set to your collection.
- New Keyword - Discover presents you with three card choices from which you may choose one.
- No Duplicates - Reno Jackson introduces a powerful new archetype to Hearthstone with his full-heal effect.
- Powerful Treasures - From golden monkeys to powerful artifacts, there will be no shortage of ancient magic in this adventure.
There was no pre-order for this adventure as it was released so quickly after being announced at Blizzcon.
As with previous adventures, each wing can be unlocked for free with 700 gold, or you can unlock them all with money for $19.99 USD.
- League of Explorers consists of 4 wings and 13 bosses. Each wing was released individually; one each week.
- Defeating each boss will unlock two new cards. After defeating all three bosses in a wing you will unlock another two new cards.
- Each boss you encounter is AI controlled with a unique hero power. Many bosses use new non-collectible cards and hero powers designed for this adventure.
- Heroic mode is available in which the encounters are immensely difficult. A special card back, The Staff of Origination, is awarded if you manage to complete it.
- Upon purchasing the first wing of the adventure, you immediately receive Explorer's Hat and Forgotten Torch.
- In addition to boss encounters, each wing contained class specific challenges. Upon completion a new card is unlocked for that class.
Temple of Orsis
The Ruined City
The Hall of Explorers
New with League of Explorers is a keyword that presents you with three choices.
- The three cards are randomly selected from a specified pool.
- You can only discover cards that are available in the format.
- Class cards are weighted more heavily than neutral.
- You can not discover cards from other classes.
- These cards are generated and not from either deck.
- Duplicate options will not be presented.
- Tri-Class cards can be discovered by all three corresponding classes.
- If your hand is full, you will not receive the card.
- Discover appears on both minions and spells.
In total, 9 discover cards were released with this adventure to initialize the mechanic. It was very well received and remains one of the more popular mechanics.
Of all the cards in the set this legendary minion was the most defining. This is the first we saw of highlander decks with no duplicate cards.
- If your deck contains no duplicates, your hero is fully healed.
- This card is responsible for plenty of salt.
- Only your deck is checked for duplicated, not your hand.
- If the effect is active the card will have a yellow border in your hand. This was not implemented at launch, but much later.
- If you add multiple copies of a card to your deck in some way during the match, this will prevent the effect from triggering.
- Playing this card with Auchenai Soulpriest or Embrace the Shadow will destroy your own hero.
- As this is a Battlecry, the effect will not trigger if it is summoned to the board rather than played.
Throughout the adventure we come across several treasures of immense value and power. Two collectible legendary minions allow you to Discover such objects to use to your advantage.
Click Here To Skip Revealed Cards
Revealed Cards for League of Explorers
These are all the cards that have currently been revealed for League of Explorers.
Staff of Origination