Goblins vs Gnomes
Goblins vs Gnomes is a Hearthstone patch released on Dec. 14, 2014. It was versioned 2.0.0 with the build number 7234. It was released during the expansion Goblins vs Gnomes
- Bestial Wrath - Can no longer targets enemy Beasts.
- Soulfire - Mana cost increased to 1 (from 0).
- Gadgetzan Auctioneer - Mana cost increased to 6 (from 5).
- Flare - Mana cost increased to 2 (from 1).
- Alarm-o-Bot - Became a Mech.
- Demolisher - Became a Mech.
- Harvest Golem - Became a Mech.
- Damaged Golem - Became a Mech.
- Mechanical Dragonling - Became a Mech.
- Repair Bot - Became a Mech.
- Poultryizer - Became a Mech.
- Emboldener 3000 - Became a Mech.
- Homing Chicken - Became a Mech.
New Collectible Cards
New cards have been added to the game.
New Druid Cards
- Malorne - When Malorne isn't mauling hordes of demons, he enjoys attending parties, though he prefers to go stag.
- Tree of Life - Healing: It grows on trees!
- Dark Wispers - Don't worry; we fired the person who named this card.
- Mech-Bear-Cat - Crushes buildings with his BEAR hands.
- Recycle - Druidic recycling involves putting plastics in one bin and enemy minions in another bin.
- Grove Tender - Likes: Hiking and the great outdoors. Dislikes: Goblin shredders and sandals. (Can’t find any that fit!).
- Druid of the Fang - The Druids of the Fang live in the Wailing Caverns. They wear cool snake shirts and tell snake jokes and say "bro" a lot.
- Anodized Robo Cub - It's adorable! AND OH MY GOODNESS WHY IS IT EATING MY FACE
New Hunter Cards
- Gahz'rilla - The Sen'jin High football team is The Gahz'rillas.
- Steamwheedle Sniper - Goblins seldom have the patience for sniping. Most prefer lobbing explosives.
- Feign Death - The hardest part about doing a "Feign Death" convincingly is learning how to make the right smell. It takes a lot of commitment.
- King of Beasts - He never sleeps. Not even in the mighty jungle.
- Metaltooth Leaper - Don't leave them out in the rain. In Un'Goro Crater there is a whole colony of rust-tooth leapers.
- Call Pet - Real hunters tame hungry crabs.
- Cobra Shot - "Cobra Shot" hurts way, way, way more than "Cobra Cuddle."
- Glaivezooka - For the times when a regular bazooka just isn't enough.
New Mage Cards
- Flame Leviathan - Mimiron likes to take the Flame Leviathan out on some sweet joyrides.
- Wee Spellstopper - Bane of spellcasters and spelling bees everywhere.
- Echo of Medivh - Medivh's echo haunts Karazhan, eternally cheating at chess and <i>Hearthstone</i>.
- Goblin Blastmage - If you can't find a bomb to throw, just pick up any goblin invention and throw that.
- Soot Spewer - The inventor of the goblin shredder is involved in several patent disputes with the inventor of the soot spewer.
- Unstable Portal - The denizens of Azeroth have no idea how much work goes into stabilizing portals. We spend like 30% of GDP on portal upkeep.
- Flamecannon - Calling something a flamecannon really doesn't do much to distinguish it from other goblin devices.
- Snowchugger - Do the slow chant when he waddles by: "Chug! Chug! Chug!"
New Paladin Cards
- Bolvar Fordragon - Spoiler alert: Bolvar gets melted and then sits on an ice throne and everyone forgets about him.
- Quartermaster - His specialty? Dividing things into four pieces.
- Coghammer - So you ripped this out of a machine, carved some runes on it, stuck it on a handle, and now it's a weapon of great divine power? Seems legit.
- Cobalt Guardian - Guardians used to be built out of Adamantium, but production got moved to Gadgetzan and Cobalt was cheap.
- Muster for Battle - "I'm bringing the guacamole!" – One of the most successful (yet rare) Silver Hand rallying cries
- Scarlet Purifier - The Scarlet Crusade is doing market research to find out if the "Mauve Crusade" would be better received.
- Shielded Minibot - He chooses to believe what he is programmed to believe!
- Seal of Light - The walrus of Light restores EIGHT Health.
New Priest Cards
- Vol'jin - Vol'jin is a shadow hunter, which is like a shadow priest except more voodoo.
- Lightbomb - This is what happens when you allow goblins to be priests.
- Shadowbomber - Shadowbomber does her job, but she's kind of phoning it in at this point.
- Upgraded Repair Bot - It's the same as the previous generation but they slapped the word "upgraded" on it to sell it for double.
- Shadowboxer - Punching is its primary function. Also, its secondary function.
- Light of the Naaru - "Light it up!" - Command given to both Lightwardens and Goblins holding Flamecannons.
- Velen's Chosen - Velen wrote a "Lovely Card" for Tyrande with a picture of the Deeprun Tram that said "I Choo-Choo-Choose you!"
- Shrinkmeister - After the debacle of the Gnomish World Enlarger, gnomes are wary of size-changing inventions.
New Rogue Cards
- Trade Prince Gallywix - Gallywix believes in supply and demand. He supplies the beatings and demands you pay up!
- Sabotage - Rogues can't stand it. They know you planned it! They are going to set you straight!
- Cogmaster's Wrench - For tightening cogs and smashin' troggs!
- Ogre Ninja - He didn't have the grades to get into ninja school, but his dad pulled some strings.
- Iron Sensei - Mechs like learning from him because he really speaks their language. 0110100001101001
- One-eyed Cheat - When pirates say there is no "Eye" in "team," they are very literal about it.
- Tinker's Sharpsword Oil - "Get ready to strike oil!" - Super-cheesy battle cry
- Goblin Auto-Barber - This guy is excellent at adjusting your haircut and/or height.
New Shaman Cards
- Neptulon - Neptulon is "The Tidehunter". He’s one of the four elemental lords. And he and Ragnaros get together and make really amazing saunas.
- Ancestor's Call - "Hey! Ancestors!" - Ancestor's call
- Siltfin Spiritwalker - The elements respond to anyone who calls them for a worthy cause, even if you call them by yelling, "MRGHRGLGLGL!"
- Dunemaul Shaman - He just closes his eyes and goes for it. Raarararrrarar!
- Powermace - People assume that shamans control the elements, but really, they have to ask them stuff and the elements are like, "Yeah ok, sure."
- Vitality Totem - You can usually find these at the totemist's market on Saturdays.
- Crackle - Snap! This card! Pop!
- Whirling Zap-o-matic - If you pay a little extra, you can get it in "candy-apple red."
New Warlock Cards
- Mal'Ganis - Mal'Ganis doesn't like being betrayed, so if you discard him, watch out.
- Anima Golem - The Dark Animus is evil and mysterious and huge and unable to write sentences that utilize proper grammar.
- Demonheart - Virtually every member of the pro demon lobby is a warlock. Weird.
- Fel Cannon - The box says, "New and improved, with 200% more fel!"
- Imp-losion - The shrapnel is waaaaay worse than the explosion.
- Queen of Pain - Her sister is the Queen of Pane who sells windows and shower doors.
- Floating Watcher - "Evil Eye Watcher of Doom" was the original name, but marketing felt it was a bit too aggressive.
- Darkbomb - If you're looking to make an "Emo" deck, this card is perfect!
New Warrior Cards
- Iron Juggernaut - The Iron Juggernaut guards Orgrimmar and has just earned the "Employee of the Month" award!
- Crush - Using this card on your enemies is one of the best things in life, according to some barbarians.
- Bouncing Blade - Only goblins would think this was a good idea. Even they are starting to have their doubts.
- Siege Engine - Wintergrasp Keep's only weakness!
- Shieldmaiden - She has three shieldbearers in her party to supply her with back ups when she gets low on durability.
- Screwjank Clunker - If it breaks, just kick it a couple of times while yelling "Durn thing!"
- Ogre Warmaul - Simple, misguided, and incredibly dangerous. You know, like most things ogre.
- Warbot - Mass production of warbots was halted when it was discovered that they were accidentally being produced at "sample size."
New Neutral Cards
- Mekgineer Thermaplugg - He was obsessed with explosives until he discovered knitting. Now he yells, “SWEATERS! MORE SWEATERS!”
- Foe Reaper 4000 - Foe reaping is really not so different from harvest reaping, at the end of the day.
- Sneed's Old Shredder - When Sneed was defeated in the Deadmines, his shredder was sold at auction to an anonymous buyer. (Probably Hogger.)
- Troggzor the Earthinator - He keeps earthinating the countryside despite attempts to stop him.
- Dr. Boom - MARVEL AT HIS MIGHT!
- Toshley - Something about power converters.
- Gazlowe - Gazlowe was voted "Most Likely to Explode" in high school.
- Mogor the Ogre - Mogor helped reopen the Dark Portal once. You know you're in trouble when you have to rely on an ogre.
- Mimiron's Head - Do not push the big red button!
- Blingtron 3000 - PREPARE PARTY SERVOS FOR IMMEDIATE DEPLOYMENT.
- Hemet Nesingwary - It's hard to make a living as a hunter in a world where beasts instantly reappear minutes after you kill them.
- Clockwork Giant - He and Mountain Giant don't get along.
- Piloted Sky Golem - The pinnacle of goblin engineering. Includes an espresso machine and foot massager.
- Junkbot - One bot's junk is another bot's AWESOME UPGRADE!
- Fel Reaver - So reaver. Much fel. Wow.
- Enhance-o Mechano - His enhancements are gluten free!
- Hobgoblin - Hobgoblins are meeting next week to discuss union benefits. First on the list: dental plan.
- Mini-Mage - He is sometimes found hiding in the treasure chest in the Gurubashi Arena.
- Recombobulator - For when you didn’t combobulate quite right the first time around.
- Madder Bomber - Dang, Bomber, calm down.
- Bomb Lobber - He lobbies Orgrimmar daily on behalf of bombs.
- Jeeves - This robot is a lean, mean, butlerin' machine.
- Kezan Mystic - They pretend to be wise and enlightened, but they mostly just hate to be left out of a secret.
- Arcane Nullifier X-21 - There was some hard talk between gnome magi and engineers about inventing this mech.
- Gnomish Experimenter - He's legitimately surprised every time he turns himself into a chicken.
- Goblin Sapper - He’s not such a binge exploder anymore. These days, he only explodes socially.
- Illuminator - "LUMOS!" is not what they yell. What do you think this is, Hogwarts?
- Lil' Exorcist - Warlocks have the town exorcist on speed dial in case they unleash the wrong demon.
- Target Dummy - The engineering equivalent of a "Kick Me" sticker.
- Force-Tank MAX - There is a factory in Tanaris for crafting force-tanks, but it only ever made two, because of cost overruns.
- Antique Healbot - They don't make 'em like they used to! (Because of explosions, mostly.)
- Salty Dog - He's recently recovered from being a "scurvy dog."
- Mechanical Yeti - The yetis of Chillwind Point are a source of both inspiration and savage beatings.
- Piloted Shredder - Once upon a time, only goblins piloted shredders. These days, everyone from Doomsayer to Lorewalker Cho seems to ride one.
- Lost Tallstrider - The message, "If found, please return to Mulgore," is tattooed on his rear.
- Burly Rockjaw Trogg - He's burly because he does CrossFit.
- Ogre Brute - Ogres have really terrible short-term chocolate.
- Spider Tank - "What if we put guns on it?" -Fizzblitz, staring at the spider-transportation-machine
- Tinkertown Technician - Won't you take me to... Tinkertown?
- Flying Machine - To operate, this contraption needs a hula doll on the dashboard. Otherwise it's just a “falling machine.”
- Gnomeregan Infantry - The gnomes are valiant and ready to return to their irradiated, poorly ventilated homeland!
- Gilblin Stalker - "Shhh, I think I hear something." "Ah, it's probably nothing." - Every Henchman
- Puddlestomper - He pays homage to Morgl, the great murloc oracle! (Who doesn't??)
- Ship's Cannon - If you hear someone yell, "Cannonball!" you're about to get wet. Or crushed.
- Annoy-o-Tron - The inventor of the Annoy-o-Tron was immediately expelled from Tinkerschool, Tinkertown, and was eventually exiled from the Eastern Kingdoms altogether.
- Stonesplinter Trogg - The only thing worse than smelling troggs is listening to their poetry.
- Explosive Sheep - How is this supposed to work? Your enemies think, "<i>Hey!</i> Cute sheep!" and run over to cuddle it?
- Micro Machine - This card is the real thing.
- Mechwarper - Mechs that summon mechs? What's next? Donuts that summon donuts? Mmmmm.
- Clockwork Gnome - Clockwork gnomes are always asking what time it is.
- Cogmaster - After a while, you don't see the cogs and sprockets. All you see is a robot, a spider tank, a deathray...
Goblins vs Gnomes, the first expansion to the insanely fun Hearthstone has arrived! Explore inventive, constantly-evolving strategies with 120 explosive new cards. Control powerful Mechs with special weapons and volatile abilities, tinker with minions using spare parts, and even watch your friends’ games in progress with the all-new Spectator Mode.
Purchase Goblins vs Gnomes card packs in the store and answer the age-old question: Which is better…gnomish ingenuity or goblin craftiness?
Goblins vs Gnomes
- Hearthstone’s first expansion, Goblins vs Gnomes offers over 120 new cards to add to your Hearthstone collection, including all-new class cards and Legendary cards!
- Start building decks right away - Goblins vs Gnomes cards can be purchased via the in-game shop with gold or real money. Arena rewards now give Goblins vs Gnomes card packs instead of Classic card packs. The better you perform in the Arena, the better your rewards will be!
- Both golden and non-golden versions of Classic and Goblins vs Gnomes single cards are now also available as Arena rewards.
- Put your Arcane Dust to use: Both normal and golden Goblins vs Gnomes cards can now be crafted with Arcane Dust. Who wants a golden Explosive Sheep? Everyone.
- Don’t let Goblins and Gnomes have all the fun building things: All Goblins vs Gnomes cards have been added to the Arena and can be chosen even if you do not have them in your Hearthstone collection.
- All Goblins vs Gnomes cards can be found easily in My Collection using the search function, and all Goblins vs Gnomes cards have a “gear” watermark in the card text box.
- Expert card packs have been renamed to “Classic” card packs. Classic card packs are still available to acquire in the in-game Shop as well as through Crafting Mode.
- New minion type “Mech” has been added. Use Mechs along with other Mechs for surprising (often devastating) results!
- An all-new interactive Goblins vs Gnomes-themed game board has been added. Turn the gears, wind the springs, and try not to blow anything up in the process. We warned you.
- Spectator Mode has been added. Watch your friends play through their games of Hearthstone and observe their epic victories all with the click of a button! Spectator Mode is accessed through the Friends list by clicking on the “Spectate Match” button next to your friend’s name.
- A new card pack bundle has been added to the in-game Shop for PC and Mac.
- Flare now costs 2 mana, up from 1.
- Flare allowed the Hunter an advantage versus decks that revolve around Secrets, while also allowing the Hunter to draw a card for little cost. We want to encourage a variety of decks in Hearthstone. With this change, Flare will continue to be useful against Secrets decks, but will be weaker against other decks.
- Gadgetzan Auctioneer now costs 6 mana, up from 5.
- Gadgetzan Auctioneer’s ability allows for a player to potentially draw many cards for little cost. Card draw and card advantage are important to the game – overall, games are less interesting when a player draws their entire deck. This change brings Gadgetzan Auctioneer’s cost more in line with its power level.
- Soulfire now costs 1 mana, up from 0.
- Soulfire, along with fast and powerful minions, allowed Warlock rush decks to get ahead on the board and stay ahead. We’ve upped Soulfire’s mana cost by 1 to slow down the Warlock rush deck just a bit and allow more players time to react and interact against the Warlock.
- The left-most enemy minion can once again be targeted on a full board if Counterspell counters a Secret.
- Nozdormu, self-proclaimed “Master of Time”, once again gives players 15 seconds a round instead of 30.
- Blood Imps will no longer target Imp Masters with no life left. It’s dead, Jim.
- Baron Rivendare in the Naxxramas Adventure has fixed his heater and will no longer cast Frostbolt on himself.
- Faceless Manipulators will now copy the Echoing Ooze as well as its effect.
- Faceless Manipulators will now copy the Echoing Ooze as well as its effect.
- Faceless Manipulator now functions properly when targeting minions with Enrage that refuse to follow the rules.
- Druid of the Claw is embracing his wild side and now becomes a Beast minion type upon switching Cat Form or Bear Form.
- Multiple mechanical minions have been upgraded to Mechs, unlocking additional synergy with other Goblins vs Gnome cards: Harvest Golem, Damaged Golem, Alarm-o-Bot, Demolisher, Mechanical Dragonling, and all of Gelbin Mekkatorque’s AWESOME inventions.
- Kel’thuzad’s mastery of undeath has been tempered and it will no longer resurrect itself after perishing at the hands of Ragnaros the Firelord.
- Gnomes have been hard at work fixing Goblin “upgrades”, forcing our engineers to step in and fix the fixes that the gnomes “fixed”. Ultimately, a number of display issues and other bugs have been resolved.