- Stone Wagon Druid
Stone Wagon DruidLast updated 5 months, 3 weeks ago
- Archetype Token Druid
- Format Wild
- Deck Type Just For Fun
- Views 1114
- Crafting Cost 7100
- Your Cost Coming Soon
I'm gonna be real with you guys, I mainly did this so I could test OOC's deckbuilder. I do, however, play this deck every now and then. The surprise factor is usually what makes it powerful, so if you match up against someone twice, they will probably have a bigger chance of defeating you once they know what your Wagons are packing.
Mulligan for Meat Wagon, Oaken Summons and Innervate. Never, ever keep Summoning Stone in your starting hand. You can be greedy with Crystalsong Portal if your hand has only one Wagon, or if you are up against a greedy deck and you need the extra value.
Your Oaken Summons will recruit Meat Wagon, which in turn, upon death, recruits Summoning Stone for free. Ideally, you just break your Wagon against the enemy minions, but I've had opponents wasting all their mana during the previous turn to do it themselves. Regardless, a turn 3, 4 or 5 free summoning stone lets you start filling the board much earlier, especially if you have a Raven Idol or Blessing of the Ancients.
The beauty of it is that by removing board threats to your Stone (with Swipe, Wrath or Feral Rage), you build your own board, maybe even getting taunts and even more dangerous minions along the way.
Twig of the World Tree gets destroyed by Medivh, the Guardian's battlecry, which grants you 10 mana to spend on spells and minions you will summon with them right away. Ultimate Infestation is the ideal play here.
Our current experts are still looking into a game plan for the games where you draw both Stones in your starting hand. Until then, I will just say it is VERY DIFFICULT to win in those scenarios, but not impossible.
Sequencing and other rules:
- Board buffs trigger AFTER Summoning Stone. This means, for example, that if you play Evolving Spores, the 4-mana minion your Stone summons gets the adapt too.
- Atiesh triggers AFTER board buffs. Evolving Spores will adapt your board, then you will get a 4-mana minion.
- Generally speaking, you might want to always cast Evolving Spores as the last of your spells, just to maximize the amount of minions that get buffed. Same applies to other board buffs.
- Summoning Stone triggers BEFORE every spell. If you cast The Forest's Aid and you only have room for 5 minions, you will get a random 8-drop and 4 treants.
- Atiesh does not lose durability if your board is full and no minions can be summoned. Don't be afraid of casting board buffs if you have 7 minions!
- Spell cost reductions (if you get, say, a Radiant Elemental or a Sorcerer's Apprentice) also reduce the cost of the minions you summon. I can only assume a Kirin Tor Tricaster or an enemy Doomed Apprentice do the same thing, but in reverse, though I haven't tested the latter.
Cards you might want to consider:
- Savage Roar - Usually it is a dead draw for most of a match, but it can serve as a good finisher.
- Tree of Life - if I weren't poor I might give it a shot. You will end up taking quite a bit of damage as you try to break your Twig. I can see it working with the Medivh combo, though.
- Branching Paths - I don't really know what to take out for this, but I am still hellbent on putting it somewhere. If you find a place for it, tell me please.
- Sideshow Spelleater - Sometimes, if I bump into too many Death Knights, I put this in for a while. It might not increase my winrate by a lot, but it generally makes those matches more fun and less unfair. Works with Hagatha's Bewitch and Boom's changing hero power too.
Replaced Jade Blossom for Branching Paths. Even if the jade golem is an extra target for board buffs, it is just not good enough to keep around. Jade Blossom itself was meant to replace Wild Growth after the nerf, but it is pointless. Whether or not you Innervate into a ramp spell, next turn you are getting to 4 mana regardless. It doesn't matter all that much.
Vote On This Deck!
Enjoy this deck guide? Help others find it and show your support to the author by giving it an upvote!10