Welcome, fellow achievement hunter.
Ever since the introduction of the rewards track, each expansion has always brought us a handful of achievements to complete in order to gain more rewards: while some of them are relatively easy to complete, some others may take some time or a proper set up. In case you're wondering what's the best way to gain all that sweet sweet XP locked behind Voyage To The Sunken City's achievements, do not fret, as we have the answer you're looking for!
In this guide we'll focus our attention on the Sunken City Demon Hunter achievements and provide at least one way to complete each of them so that you'll be able to get closer to the end of your reward track.
Novelty: starting from the Voyage To The Sunken City Achievement Guides, we're introducing the Related Achievements criterion, which basically goes to show if a certain achievement has a strong relation with another one (be it from the same class or from the Neutral section), and therefore if they are beneficial for each other from the completion point of view. All in all, it says if you can hit two (or more) birds with a single stone!
Disclaimer: as always, all expansion achievements can be completed in Ranked Standard, Ranked Wild, Arena, Casual & Heroic Duels and Classic - Casual Standard, Casual Wild and Tavern Brawl will not count towards your hunt! Moreover, we'll always take Ranked Standard as the default game format for our strategies: if we happen to have some strategies or particular interactions belonging to other modes to highlight, we'll be sure to specify it.
Here are all the achievements we're going to complete together:
- In Hot Water - Play 50/100/200 minions created by The Fires of Zin-Azshari.
- Lavalue Town - Draw 7 cards with a single Forged in Flame.
- Sea of Thieves - Assemble a Pirate crew that costs (14) or more for Nellie, the Great Thresher.
Sunken City Warrior Achievements Overview
A nice set of achievement for Garrosh. While In Hot Water can be seen as one of the slowest achievements of the entire expansion, Lavalue Town and Sea of Thieves are relatively easy to complete, putting the class in a favorable position at the starting blocks.
How to Complete the "In Hot Water" Warrior Achievement
- Requirement: Play 50/100/200 minions created by The Fires of Zin-Azshari.
- Speed Rating: 1/5.
- Related Achievements:
See, this achievement has a major flaw: if you replace your entire deck with random minions (even if heavily discounted), then you put yourself in a rather uncomfortable position. Once you've exhausted your hand, you'll be forced to rely on topdecks, with little to no chance to roll some card draw. In order word, In Hot Water will take a lot of games and patience for it to be completely done - not difficult, just slow.
Luckily for all of us, Hearthstone World Champion Hunterace shared their own take on The Fires of Zin-Azshari Warrior, describing it as "not terrible" - we surely won't be able to build anything better!
- Once you play The Fires of Zin-Azshari, Sir Finley, Sea Guide will replace your entire hand with random minions from your deck.
- Once you play The Fires of Zin-Azshari, Vanndar Stormpike will discount your entire deck by 3 - what enormous mana cheat!
- If you follow it up with Drek'Thar, you'll summon two random minions from your deck, for a rather amusing swing turn.
How to Complete the "Lavalue Town" Warrior Achievement
- Requirement: Draw 7 cards with a single Forged in Flame.
- Speed Rating: 5/5.
- Related Achievements:
Incredibly easy achievement, which can be translated in "Draw and equip Gorehowl, then cast Forged in Flame". Fill your deck with card draw and do exactly that. Nothing more to add.
- It doesn't matter if you burn the drawn cards, as long as you draw 7 or more.
In Wild Lavalue Town is even easier, as Corsair Cache is a card.
How to Complete the "Sea of Thieves" Warrior Achievement
- Requirement: Assemble a Pirate crew that costs (14) or more for Nellie, the Great Thresher.
- Speed Rating: 4/5.
- Related Achievements:
Another rather easy achievement for Warrior. There are currently 19 Discoverable Pirates for Garrosh, as you can see below:
- 1-Cost Pirates - Bloodsail Deckhand.
- 2-Cost Pirates - Amalgam of the Deep, Bloodsail Raider, Fogsail Freebooter, Harbor Scamp, Obsidiansmith, Tuskarrrr Trawler.
- 3-Cost Pirates - Cargo Guard, Defias Cannoneer, Golakka Glutton, Pufferfist, Ratchet Privateer, Stormwind Freebooter.
- 4-Cost Pirates - Multicaster, Southsea Scoundrel.
- 5-Cost Pirates - Gangplank Diver, Stonemaul Anchorman.
- 6-Cost Pirates - Mr. Smite.
The average cost of a Pirate Warrior can discover amounts to 2,8 mana - quite low. You'll have to roll one of the following outcomes:
- A 6-Cost Pirate and two 4-Cost Pirates.
- A 6-Cost Pirate, a 5-Cost Pirate and a 3-Cost Pirate.
- Two 5-Cost Pirates and a 4-Cost Pirate.
As you can see, there are a few possible combinations, but there's a way to make things easier: Brann Bronzebeard. Yes, we tested it, and Sea of Thieves can be completed even if you don't meet the 14-Cost quota with a single Nellie, the Great Thresher trigger, as Brann gives you three additional Discoveries.
- Queen Azshara's Horn of Ancients and Ambassador Faelin are reasonable alternatives in case you do not own Nellie, the Great Thresher.
- The same can be said about Amalgam of the Deep, although the Beast pool is quite large.
In case you're still deep in your achievement hunt, worry not: we prepared a guide for each class (and neutrals!) for you to take inspiration from, so that you'll be able to complete them in no time for those sweet sweet XP points.
Our clever community members set up a forum thread to share your achievement progression journey, and we have added an #achievements channel on our Discord server if you want to talk with others in real-time. If you need an assist, you can also respond to this guide and we'll do our best to help you out; the comments are also a great way to share your own decks that you've used to complete the achievements above.
Good luck tackling any of these achievements for your experience boost or just for the sake of satisfying completion!