We've got a new mini-set being introduced into Hearthstone today and with that, the final 35 cards that are a part of the Year of the Gryphon. Let's look at what we can expect from the Onyxia's Lair launch, including some content of our own that you may have missed.
Onyxia's Lair Quick Info
- Onyxia's Lair contains 35 new cards.
- You can purchase all of the new cards in one go through Hearthstone's shop, or open them in Fractured in Alterac Valley card packs.
- You can purchase all the cards for 2000 Gold, or,
- You can purchase all the cards for $14.99 USD.
- New! This time around you can buy the mini-set in golden for $69.99 USD.
- This is the last set of cards arriving in the Year of the Gryphon. What a year!
Onyxia's Lair Themes
We're seeing certain themes from the whole Year of the Gryphon make a return in Onyxia's Lair alongside some older ones that are a welcome sight.
- Dragons Return - It's been a minute since we've seen a large Dragon representation in Hearthstone and although it's just a taste, they've certainly taken flight.
- Black Dragonflight - There are four cards that reference the original Black Dragonflight cards in early Hearthstone. Learn more here.
- Tradeable - A returning mechanic from August's United in Stormwind expansion! Find it on Shoulder Check, Ring of Courage, and Drakefire Amulet.
- Ranked Spells - Demon Hunters bring in Forged in the Barrens' ranked spells through Wings of Hate (Rank 1).
There is also some solid archetype support throughout the classes, so go look at the full card gallery to get an appreciation of what is coming.
Onyxia's Lair Card Set Reviews
We've got a load of reviews to share with you for Onyxia's Lair and this time we've also got a look at it from the Wild perspective.
- Standard - DH, Druid, Hunter | Mage, Paladin, Priest, Rogue | Shaman, Warlock, Warrior, Neutral
- Wild - DH, Druid, Hunter | Mage, Paladin, Priest, Rogue | Shaman, Warlock, Warrior, Neutral
Onyxia's Lair Budget Decks
If you're looking to try out some of the new cards but you're also looking to fit it into your budget, we've got seven decks you should check out.
Patch 22.4 Features
With Onyxia's Lair also comes a Hearthstone client patch. Here's an overview of what you can expect in the big update.
- Diamond Vanndar is going out to all players on login.
- Three new heroes are coming to Hearthstone Battlegrounds alongside 2 new boards and a board finisher. (Learn More)
- Hearthstone Mercenaries sees new Pandaria-themed Mercenary characters and a limited-time event. (Learn More)
- Achievement Fix is arriving for that annoying Paladin Achievement with Lightforged Cariel. (Learn More)
- Hearthstone Duels is getting a nerf to Infinite Arcane. See our thoughts.
- An Arena rotation is coming that changes up the available sets. (Learn More)
- Book of Mercenaries is getting its penultimate chapter - Bru'kan!
- There's also a ton of bug fixes. Go read the full patch notes.
Onyxia's Lair Cinematic
If you missed the cinematic, you best check it out before playing with the new cards because it's awesome!