Journey to Un'Goro Card Spoilers & Expansion Guide
Don't touch ANYTHING! Journey to Un'Goro is Hearthstone's fifth expansion. It was released on April 6th 2017 - Patch Notes
It's time for an expedition. This set includes 135 new cards from the heart of Un'Goro Crater!
- New Tribe - Elementals have powerful synergies activated by having played one the previous turn.
- Legendary Spells - Quests are a new mechanic that is available for each class. Fulfill the requirement for an epic reward.
- New Keyword - Adapt allows you to discover one of several buffs to be applied to one or more minions.
- New Rogue Hero - Maiev Shadowsong becomes the first alternate Rogue hero!.
- New Year - Year of the Mammoth brings a new Standard rotation, removing many cards from the format.
Pre-Order & Free Content
Leading up to the release of Journey to Un'Goro, players had an opportunity to purchase a bundle of 50 packs along with an exclusive card back for $49.99 USD.
Additionally, the 8 days prior to release granted various rewards for logging in including gold, dust, card packs, and culminating with a golden copy of Volcanosaur.
During the Year of the Mammoth, players could earn a new Rogue hero, Maiev Shadowsong, by winning 10 matches in Standard.
The first alternate Rogue hero was available for free by winning 10 games in Standard format during the Year of the Mammoth.
- Thanks: 'Thank you.'
- Well Played: 'Well played.'
- Greetings: 'Hail, friend.'
- Wow: 'Amazing.'
- Oops: 'A tactical error.'
- Threaten: 'You incur my wrath!'
This new minion type can give you a particular bonus, having played an Elemental in the previous turn. In addition to these new cards, some existing cards also received this new Elemental tag.
These new spells introduced new build-around archetypes, and were the first legendary spells in Hearthstone.
- Every quest costs 1 mana.
- Quests have a 100% chance of being in your initial draw. You can choose to mulligan them if you wish.
- A quest icon, similar to the secret icons, is placed at the top of your hero portrait. This occupies one of the five secret spots.
- Every quest has a different condition that must be met to complete it, and progress is updated as you execute the requirements.
- When a quest is completed, a short animation plays granting you the Legendary reward.
- Quests can not be discovered or generated by other cards, and are also not available in arena.
One quest was released for each class:
"You can choose one of three options to immediately buff your minion. There are ten total Adaptations to choose from, so you’ll have plenty of options to respond to threats presented by your opponent."
The Standard format rotated upon arrival of the Year of the Mammoth, and multiple sets were restricted to wild. These sets were:
The Hall of Fame is a new set created to remove some classic cards from the Standard format. Dust refunds were rewarded for eligible cards that were affected.
The first cards to be put in this set were:
E. Malone's Expedition Journal
Over several weeks blog posts were released sharing entries from E. Malone's Journal as he ventures through Un'Goro.
Revealed Cards for Journey to Un'Goro
These are all the cards that have currently been revealed for Journey to Un'Goro.