Gallon has announced the next round of Hearthstone balance changes that are due to arrive next week on April 26. Read on for all the details!
Tweets below have been edited for formatting.
Hey everyone, have an update for y’all regarding balance changes. 4/26 (This upcoming Tuesday) changes to both standard and wild will go live.
- [Hearthstone Card (Kael'thas) Not Found] is getting a textbox revert to Every third spell you cast each turn costs (1).
- Switcheroo is banned. (Alongside a change in standard.)
Both of these changes are aimed at protecting the long-term health of the format.
- Pirate Warrior Questline is getting an additional number on its final step. (3/3/2 ->3/3/3) (Secure the Supplies)
- Pufferfist is losing a health, from 3/4 to 3/3.
- Switcheroo now swaps Health only instead of stats.
- Miracle Growth now costs 8 Mana, up from 7.
- Kazakusan’s activation requirement is getting changed. He’ll now read “Battlecry: If you’ve played 4 other Dragons this game, craft a custom deck of Treasures.”
- Kazakusan has been playing a critical role in Druid for the past couple months, fulfilling a similar role to Deathstalker Rexxar as an entire win condition in one card.
- Going into our balance meetings, we knew we wanted to soften Druid across all ranks, and there were multiple angles that could accomplish that.
- While we could have nerfed their survivability, we worry that will lead to a more polarized metagame overall.
- We landed on a Kazakusan effect change as it should lead to healthier play patterns both playing as and against Druid.
- We also wanted to make sure that Dragon-focused decks could still tap into Kazakusan as a powerful top end piece.
- Playing 4 Dragons is a fairly hefty requirement but should be achievable in most Dragon strategies.
Notable omissions from this list – Demon Hunter changes. We’ll be keeping a close eye on the post patch metagame to see how aggressive DH lists fare once slower decks are given a better chance.
Good luck to our Masters Tour competitors on your preparation, and I hope y’all keep enjoying Voyage to the Sunken City!